PlasmaC encoder .00.velocity question

More
10 Mar 2021 14:33 #201648 by bevins
I am wondering if I am connecting to encA+ and encA- on the 7i76 TB3, why I would reference 7i92.0.encoder.0.0.velocity.

Where is the connection between that signal and 7i92.0.7i76.0.0.enc0 which is where I am connected?

I am a bit confused with this as I am ready to pull the trigger to do the PlasmaC config. Everything is connected and working even thcad is connected but not tested.I just need to know if I put 7i92.0.encoder.0.0.velocity in as Arc Voltage for mode 1 it will connect somehow to enc0 which is where my thcad is connected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2021 15:19 #201652 by PCW
hm2_7i92.0.encoder.00.velocity would be correct

7i92.0.7i76.0.0.enc0 would be MPG encoder count 0

More
10 Mar 2021 15:27 #201653 by bevins

hm2_7i92.0.encoder.00.velocity would be correct

7i92.0.7i76.0.0.enc0 would be MPG encoder count 0

So, enc0 and enc1 has nothing to do with encA on TB3 of 7i76?

More
10 Mar 2021 15:49 #201655 by PCW
No, they are associated with the MPG encoders on field inputs 16,17,18,19

More
10 Mar 2021 16:00 #201657 by snowgoer540

I am a bit confused with this as I am ready to pull the trigger to do the PlasmaC config.

Have you considered doing a QtPlasmaC config instead? Development has now stopped on PlasmaC. All new work will be done to the QtPlasmaC project.

It also has a lot of new features that were not possible with PlasmaC being on top of Axis or Gmoccapy.

Here's a link to the manual: linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtplasmac.html

More
10 Mar 2021 16:50 #201664 by bevins

I am a bit confused with this as I am ready to pull the trigger to do the PlasmaC config.

Have you considered doing a QtPlasmaC config instead? Development has now stopped on PlasmaC. All new work will be done to the QtPlasmaC project.

It also has a lot of new features that were not possible with PlasmaC being on top of Axis or Gmoccapy.

When does the madness end? This is a customers machine that needs to be delivered in a week and a half.
The machine is working and I am able to draw files with a pen. I just did PlasmaC config and that seems to be working although I didn't do any plasma testing or anything.

Is it worth going the QT route? I have had issues with QT before and it was very quirky and I was never able to get it going on one machine.

I am running on linuxmint 19.3. I am wondering if it is worth it or not. I have nightmares about QT....

More
10 Mar 2021 17:15 - 10 Mar 2021 17:18 #201665 by snowgoer540

When does the madness end? This is a customers machine that needs to be delivered in a week and a half.
The machine is working and I am able to draw files with a pen. I just did PlasmaC config and that seems to be working although I didn't do any plasma testing or anything.

Is it worth going the QT route? I have had issues with QT before and it was very quirky and I was never able to get it going on one machine.

I am running on linuxmint 19.3. I am wondering if it is worth it or not. I have nightmares about QT....

What madness? Did I miss something?

If it's a customer's machine and you're happy and they're happy...then let 'er eat. In this case maybe it's best to get more miles under the QtPlasmaC belt via other people's use.

I didn't mean to give you nightmares, just wanted you to be aware since you said you were making a new config.
Last edit: 10 Mar 2021 17:18 by snowgoer540.

More
10 Mar 2021 18:27 #201673 by bevins

What madness? Did I miss something?

If it's a customer's machine and you're happy and they're happy...then let 'er eat. In this case maybe it's best to get more miles under the QtPlasmaC belt via other people's use.

I didn't mean to give you nightmares, just wanted you to be aware since you said you were making a new config.

Madness meaning never ending changes......

Yeah, Is it ready for prime time?

Also is sheetcam being used for CAM with PlasmaC and QTPlasmaC? Any issues I need to know. Is there any setup to do I need to know that is documented somewhere?

More
10 Mar 2021 18:36 #201676 by tommylight
I would advise to stay with PlasmaC for now, especially on customer machines.
I plan to do the same, hell i still have machines with LinuxCNC 2.7 on Ubuntu 10.04 running happily every day, changing them would be counter productive as it works perfectly and it will also take some time for them to get the hang of it.
Soon i will have at least 3 or 5 or more of my machines so i will use QtPlasmaC on those all the time! :)

More
10 Mar 2021 18:56 - 10 Mar 2021 18:56 #201684 by snowgoer540

Madness meaning never ending changes......

Hard to tell tone via written media sometimes. But it seems like you might be complaining that there's active development/bug fixes, etc. on free, open source software.....
Last edit: 10 Mar 2021 18:56 by snowgoer540.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds