Tool length offset

More
16 Aug 2021 06:58 #217858 by Michael_k
Tool length offset was created by Michael_k
Hi, if got a problem with G43 Tool Length Offset.
When I change a tool, M6 is used and the new tool gets measured. Instead of adding the new offset, the machine still uses the offset from the first tool.

So the new offset ist not used. 

May I solve this problem by adding the tool number after G43 H(Tool Number) ? 

Thanks in advance.   

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2021 17:24 #217899 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Tool length offset
Hard to say for sure without code to look at.
I'm guessing you are using custom remap for the tool change. You may need to force linuxcnc to reread the tool file. Ir maybe your recorded offsets didntvactually get pushed out to the file.

More
17 Aug 2021 07:45 #217963 by Michael_k
Replied by Michael_k on topic Tool length offset
I’m curios with G43, it is used two times. The second time it will not change the tool offset.
The second tool I’m using is shorter then the first, so i will cut nothing at all.  

G43 enables tool length compensation. G43 changes subsequent motions by offsetting the axis coordinates by the length of the offset. G43 does not cause any motion. The next time a compensated axis is moved, that axis’s endpoint is the compensated location.G43 without an H word uses the currently loaded tool from the last Tn M6.

Attachments:

More
17 Aug 2021 08:51 #217967 by Michael_k
Replied by Michael_k on topic Tool length offset
And I’m pretty sure to use a random location tool changer. So the position of the new tool is different from the previous one, to the spindle.

More
17 Aug 2021 21:17 #218018 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Tool length offset
G43 applies the offset from the tool table. How are the values getting in to the tool table? Do you have a remap that executes a G10 command, for example?

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds