Note: Motion enabled after reaching a coordinate soft limit with active external

More
11 Oct 2021 17:18 - 11 Oct 2021 17:20 #222862 by Cadic
Hello everyone, please, i need your help.
Everything worked perfectly, but after a few months, from time to time when I turned off the machine from the electricity, the Z axis went down and linuxcnc listed this error - Note: Motion enabled after reaching a coordinate soft limit with active external offsets

After a while, this message began to appear after pressing Estop. The Z axis drop down again and displayed this message. - Note: Motion enabled after reaching a coordinate soft limit with active external offsets

But today, in the middle of the program, the machine stopped, the Z axis drop down again, and this message came out again. - Note: Motion enabled after reaching a coordinate soft limit with active external offsets

If I cancel this error with a cross, I have to homed the Z axis again and can continue.Could someone please advise me why this is happening and how can fix it? Thanks.

I attach my .ini and .hal file.

File Attachment:

File Name: Router_1_2...0-11.hal
File Size:4 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Router_1_2...0-11.ini
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Oct 2021 17:20 by Cadic. Reason: bad stylistics

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2021 20:04 #222966 by tommylight
Usually that means the limits are not set correctly, acceleration is to high (rarely), or using offsets that are causing overrun.
Not able to help much as you did not mention what version of LinuxCNC, what GUI, is it a stepper or servo system etc.
From what i could gather with the falling Z, it seems a servo system with loop closed in LinuxCNC, so that would mean none of the above are to blame, the falling axis is to blame as it is going over the set limit, so that has to be fixed in hardware, not software.

More
13 Oct 2021 23:59 #223051 by andypugh
My first question would be "Do you know you are using external offsets, and why?"

But, you are hitting a soft limit. That is an error. Maybe you need a brake on the Z axis if you expect to power off the machine without hitting the bottom of Z.

In most GUIs you can click an override and jog off the limit switch, but is re-homing Z such a chore?

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds