LinuxCNC on RPI4b 8GB with P-LCNC Adapter and parallel BOB

More
22 Sep 2022 13:58 #252569 by geostein8888
 Hello,
after a long way und thousands of tries i got my pi running a RT Raspian what works also with the model B pi and 8GB of RAM.I also got the linuxCNC Version 2.9 (current from git) compiled and running. I have 4 axis set up (xyz and a) and they all are running when i push the /- button for each axis. But when i start the standard cnc program (linuxCNC logo) nothing happens.
I do not get an error nothing moves on the steppers and also in the visual screen the tool is not moving at all. Also when i go to the command line for gcode nothing moves at all.
I have no end/reference switches connected right now, its only a setup with the hardware and the steppers wired together on a table.

Can anybody give me a hind where i have to search? i could not find a log file or something like that. 

Georg

File Attachment:

File Name: siriCNC.ini
File Size:4 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: siriCNC.hal
File Size:6 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2022 18:48 #252580 by tommylight
From a quick glance, there is nothing about spindle in the ini file and there is an entry about spindle-at-speed in the hal file, assuming there is an M3 in the gcode you are using to test, nothing happens as it is waiting for the spindle to reach the set speed.

More
22 Sep 2022 18:49 #252581 by MikeM
It sounds like you need to home the axes. Click the Home All button and that should get you going.

More
23 Sep 2022 03:05 #252596 by geostein8888
Hello,
the homing i did also. As i wrote even sending gcode to move the axis is not working.

More
23 Sep 2022 03:06 #252597 by geostein8888
sending a simple gcode to move the axis is not working (MDI tab). For this a spindle should not be needed

More
23 Sep 2022 13:59 #252616 by geostein8888
i switched now to the latest 2.8 Version, same behavior except that i get now a message that i have to make a reference run (deutsch Referenz Fahrt)

i tried to suppress this with the ini setting in TRAJ
NO_FORCE_HOMING = 1
but this is ignored somehow

Georg

More
24 Sep 2022 10:35 #252655 by geostein8888
so finally i got it to work, there was a problem with my file, the NO_FORCE_HOMNG=1 did the job

More
29 Nov 2022 01:32 - 29 Nov 2022 01:33 #257930 by jay.perez1
I'm also having a problem disabling homing using the NO_FORCE_HOMING=1 setting in my ini file.

May I ask how you got that to work ?

Thanks !

Jay
Last edit: 29 Nov 2022 01:33 by jay.perez1.

More
30 Nov 2022 13:16 #258115 by andypugh

I'm also having a problem disabling homing using the NO_FORCE_HOMING=1 setting in my ini file.

Where do you have it? It needs to be in the [TRAJ] section. 

Also make sure that the editor you use is not adding windows-style line-endings or other invisible characters. 

(Now that I type that I realise that this is rather asking the impossible "make sure that you can't see invisible things) 
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, jay.perez1

More
30 Nov 2022 23:29 - 30 Nov 2022 23:36 #258169 by jay.perez1
Thanks for your reply Andy.

I'm using the Visual Studio Code to edit my ini and hal files. (I'm aware of the 'invisible' characters in files with formatting features ;-) 

I did add the NO_FORCE_HOMING=1 under the [TRAJ] section. At first glance the description of that variable seems to say it will allow you to jog, run g-code, and MDI without first Homing. I'm not sure what its function is but it didn't have the affect I was expecting.

After additional research I finally found a post that instructed you to set both the 'HOME_SEARCH_VELOCITY' and the 'HOME_LATCH_VELOCITY' variables in the ini file to 0 for each axis. This appeared to do the trick though I seem to be getting inconsistent behaviors on some things. ( BTW, I initially had set their values to 0.0000 but this didn't work. Changed them to just 0 and it did work ...) Also, I believe you still have to hit the 'HOME ALL' button for the setting to take effect.
Last edit: 30 Nov 2022 23:36 by jay.perez1.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds