LinuxCNC on RPI4b 8GB with P-LCNC Adapter and parallel BOB

More
01 Dec 2022 17:41 #258235 by andypugh
Firstly, having home switches is a _really_ good idea.

If you really can't have them, then setting the search velocities to zero (as you have) and then homing to some sort of reference mark is better than nothing.

You should be able to jog without homing on any system.

MDI and G-code should run without homing if NO_FORCE_HOMING is set, you have correctly interpreted the purpose. (And it just worked for me in a sim config)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay.perez1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2022 17:41 #258236 by andypugh
Firstly, having home switches is a _really_ good idea.

If you really can't have them, then setting the search velocities to zero (as you have) and then homing to some sort of reference mark is better than nothing.

You should be able to jog without homing on any system.

MDI and G-code should run without homing if NO_FORCE_HOMING is set, you have correctly interpreted the purpose. (And it just worked for me in a sim config)

More
01 Dec 2022 18:10 #258241 by jay.perez1
Thanks again for your replies Andy.

My CNC Router has Home/Limit switches but the actual machine is sitting in in another site and I've brought just the controller box home where it's more convenient to work on.

I've got them currently set to Normally Open so they don't trigger on me but will revert them back to Normally Closed when I reattach the box to the machine.

Setting the NO_FORCE_HOME=1 under the [TRAJ] section definitely did not work for me. Not sure why. 

More
02 Dec 2022 01:14 #258279 by andypugh

Setting the NO_FORCE_HOME=1 under the [TRAJ] section definitely did not work for me. Not sure why. 

It's NO_FORCE_HOMING not NO_FORCE_HOME

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds