QTplasmaC wont turn on

More
03 Oct 2022 11:53 - 03 Oct 2022 12:01 #253337 by bevins
I have a QTPlasmaC system that I upgraded and it wont turn on. estop is ok and I cant see why it wont turn on.
I ran an Axis config and it works fine. Something in QTPlasmac that I cannot figure out.
EDIT/  The terminal doesnt show anything. IT just wont turn on.

File Attachment:

File Name: TN3_V1.224...2.tar.gz
File Size:15 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Oct 2022 12:01 by bevins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2022 12:15 #253340 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic QTplasmaC wont turn on
How did you do the upgrade?

The config files look fairly old, I won't be able to check properly till the morning. Hopefully Greg will be able to help in the meantime.

More
03 Oct 2022 15:22 #253352 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic QTplasmaC wont turn on
I wont have time to take a look at this closer until after work today. But here's what I noticed when I took a quick look on my lunch break:

Looks like you suspected something with the estop_latch component (based on the copy of the hal file and the commented out lines in the original version). That reminded me of this change to the QtVCP project back in June: github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commit/38d2...fb0a4f5a3cbf21a3d622

Without knowing when the last time you updated was, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I notice that you hide the stop button, so you could try changing ESTOP_TYPE in the INI file from 1 to 0 to make it an indicator. I suspect it would show that it is not coming out of estop.

I am not super familiar with the ESTOP_LATCH component (or why you chose to use it). Knowing nothing about your system other than what I can see in the backup, you could try changing to the method below.

I am used to doing ESTOP this way (modified for your estop input):
# --- ESTOP-EXT ---
net estop-ext     <=  hm2_7i92.0.7i76.0.0.input-00-not

#  ---estop signals---

net estop-out     <=  iocontrol.0.user-enable-out
net estop-ext     =>  iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

I am honestly not sure if you need -not or not, I will say that my estop is set up to provide input to the mesa card when the system is not estopped. (said another way for clarity, my system removes the estop signal when the estop is pressed). Use that to determine the "-not" need.

I should also note that I use a contactor and a "start" button to latch the contactor to power my system, and provide the +24v signal to the mesa input.

Hopefully that helps in the meantime.

More
04 Oct 2022 00:37 #253398 by snowgoer540
Found time to look at this.  I didnt simulate your config, but I did drop your commented out estop stuff into my config on my machine and comment mine out, and uncomment yours (while adding my actual input, and I did not need to invert it).  It worked fine.

I suspect your issue is around the commented out estop stuff, but it's hard to know if you did that trying to get it to work.  

Uncomment the following lines:
#net estop-out     <=  iocontrol.0.user-enable-out
#net estop-out     =>  iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

#loadrt estop_latch
#addf estop-latch.0 servo-thread
#net estop-loopout iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in <= estop-latch.0.ok-out
#net estop-loopin iocontrol.0.user-enable-out => estop-latch.0.ok-in
#net estop-reset iocontrol.0.user-request-enable => estop-latch.0.reset
#net remote-estop estop-latch.0.fault-in <=  hm2_7i92.0.7i76.0.0.input-00-not

I guess if that doesnt work, try removing the "-not" from your input.  Again, I dont know anything about your setup otherwise.

Also, shame on me for not noticing earlier what Phill was getting at with your update, your backup shows version 1.224.204, but the current version is 1.233.246, so something went wrong with your update.  How did you update?

More
04 Oct 2022 11:00 #253433 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic QTplasmaC wont turn on
Yeah I don't know what's going on . I changed the mode to 0 and no go. I have the computer on my bench now connected to a mesa test bed.
Doing the same thing. Yes, I uncommented the estop stuff troubleshooting. Halshow shows the estop input working, but I cannot get it to reflect in the qtplasmac gui.

More
04 Oct 2022 11:05 #253434 by bevins

I wont have time to take a look at this closer until after work today. But here's what I noticed when I took a quick look on my lunch break:

Looks like you suspected something with the estop_latch component (based on the copy of the hal file and the commented out lines in the original version). That reminded me of this change to the QtVCP project back in June: github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commit/38d2...fb0a4f5a3cbf21a3d622

Without knowing when the last time you updated was, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I notice that you hide the stop button, so you could try changing ESTOP_TYPE in the INI file from 1 to 0 to make it an indicator. I suspect it would show that it is not coming out of estop.

I am not super familiar with the ESTOP_LATCH component (or why you chose to use it). Knowing nothing about your system other than what I can see in the backup, you could try changing to the method below.

I am used to doing ESTOP this way (modified for your estop input):

# --- ESTOP-EXT ---
net estop-ext <= hm2_7i92.0.7i76.0.0.input-00-not

# ---estop signals---

net estop-out <= iocontrol.0.user-enable-out
net estop-ext => iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

I am honestly not sure if you need -not or not, I will say that my estop is set up to provide input to the mesa card when the system is not estopped. (said another way for clarity, my system removes the estop signal when the estop is pressed). Use that to determine the "-not" need.

I should also note that I use a contactor and a "start" button to latch the contactor to power my system, and provide the +24v signal to the mesa input.

Hopefully that helps in the meantime.

I also use a start button to energize a relay that goes to an estop input.

The estop circuit is working as per halshow, but it is not reflected in the gui. Something amiss and I cant figure it out.

I upgraded the computer a while back and updated qtplasmac and used a backup to get the config in there.

More
04 Oct 2022 11:06 #253435 by bevins
I am reluctant to update until I get this fixed.

More
04 Oct 2022 11:19 #253436 by snowgoer540

I changed the mode to 0 and no go. I have the computer on my bench now connected to a mesa test bed.

You changed the MODE, or the ESTOP_TYPE?

I am reluctant to update until I get this fixed.

Worth noting that I tested your estop stuff on the latest version. I don't have an easy way of going back to 1.224.204 to test on that version.

Out of curiosity, did you try the other estop method:
# --- ESTOP-EXT ---
net estop-ext     <=  hm2_7i92.0.7i76.0.0.input-00-not

#  ---estop signals---

net estop-out     <=  iocontrol.0.user-enable-out
net estop-ext     =>  iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

More
04 Oct 2022 21:36 #253470 by bevins
Yeah I tried the estop and does the same thing. I am going to upgrade to the latest and see what that does.
Hopefully it wont break anything.

More
04 Oct 2022 21:44 #253473 by snowgoer540
Seems like the best path forward. Your config looks a bit funky likely because of restoring an old config to a version of qtplasmac somewhere in the middle. Also I think one of the updater scripts required a restart of linuxcnc, so you may have to run the gui 2x to be fully updated after you update. Hopefully that makes sense.

May still need some massaging to get there, but first step is updating.

If you have issue after updating, post a new backup of the config here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bevins

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds