Vitual and Master Slave Axes

More
30 Nov 2022 13:32 #258118 by RetroFitter
Similar to this, softkey on mmi/hmi to select mpg, then possibly another softkey or window pops up to select axis, push enable on mpg to enable that particular drive, turn increment selector on mpg (x .001, x .010, etc.), then turn mpg wheel for movement. The mpg might run that axis, which is master to another axis, that could run a dry-cycle if you will. When done, disable mpg through the softkey and resume normal machine operations.

Of course we assume an e-stop on the mpg to run through a non-software circuit to shut machine completely down.

It doesn't have to be that elaborate, but you get the picture.

I appreciate the help and I'll read the manuals better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2023 12:38 #286866 by timo
Replied by timo on topic Vitual and Master Slave Axes
Converyor knife. One way is to clamp the carriage of the cutter to the conveyor. Then it travels with same speed, does the cut, is unclamped. Travels back (opposite direction of conveyor ).

More
30 Nov 2023 12:48 - 30 Nov 2023 12:56 #286867 by timo
Replied by timo on topic Vitual and Master Slave Axes
Yes, you can hook the mpg on two or three axis at the same time.

In the video the cutting spindle (vertical left) rotates and is driving the workpiece spindle (horizontal right) at a given ratio. Moving the worpiece back and forth (in this case done by MPG), adds additional rotation to the workpiece, or subtracts it. (depending on direction). All the coordination is done by calculation in the Linux software.

p.s. do not ask me how it exacly works, I heavily "borrowed" the code from Andy Pugh :
Last edit: 30 Nov 2023 12:56 by timo.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds