Spindle Encoder

More
04 Feb 2023 16:46 #263675 by Stefan321
Spindle Encoder was created by Stefan321
Hello,

I think it's an old barrel what I'm opening here now, but unfortunately I don't quite understand it.

I would like to feed the encoder of my spindle back into the system. I would also like to position the spindle using M19. However, I don't know exactly how to start. I've already looked at some examples but somehow it's always different.
The encoder is connected normally. I've already tested another one. There is no signal, or rather I think it's because of the hal config.

To which and I think it is because I have no encoder signal until now. As soon as G43 comes in the milling program, the machine stops. I think she's waiting for the spindle or something.

greeting
Stefan
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2023 18:03 #263679 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Spindle Encoder
Does the encoder count when you rotate the spindle?
(use halshow and monitor the blah.blah.blah.encoder.00.position)

More
04 Feb 2023 18:26 #263681 by Stefan321
Replied by Stefan321 on topic Spindle Encoder
So in my opinion not. As I said, I have connected 2 different encoders as it should be. The current encoder is a differential. A+ A- B+ B-. I have the index signal via a single wire NPN sensor. The jumpers are all plugged in correctly as I did on youtube at talla83. I can say 100% about the sensor, but I don't even see it.

I looked at all the power connections in the neck show. but see no position. However, when I turn on the spindle, I see the actual state. So I see the S300 M3 at the Halshow 300.

It looks like I didn't share any input. The .Hal is ok?

More
04 Feb 2023 18:37 #263686 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Spindle Encoder
Does a multimeter measure two different voltages at the inputs as you rotate it?

More
04 Feb 2023 18:41 #263687 by Stefan321
I was able to measure the voltage, thanks for the tip with turning the spindle I have to test it tomorrow. But the hal is alright?

More
04 Feb 2023 18:49 #263688 by Stefan321
I could test tomorrow whether I have more success if I hang an encoder on the 7I85S

More
04 Feb 2023 19:07 #263693 by andypugh

But the hal is alright?

I didn't see anything obviously wrong, assuming that you have connected the wires to the correct terminals for encoder.0

More
04 Feb 2023 19:15 #263695 by Stefan321
Encoder zero should be the one on the 7I96S if I remember it correctly, then it goes on with the 7I85S. So I have a total of 5 encoder places with the labeling being from 0-4.

Have the encoder connected normally. As I said already had a single ended encoder because it was the same. where the single ended encoder got its current from the 7I96S. And the servo encoder draws its current from the control voltage. But the ground potential is the same

More
04 Feb 2023 19:25 #263698 by andypugh
If you start LinuxCNC from the command line (command "linuxcnc" then the termnal output will probably list all the pins used, and where they are.

Or just use halshow (show hal configuration in the Axis interface) and watch all the encoder counts pins to see if _any_ move.

More
04 Feb 2023 19:28 #263699 by Stefan321
I will test it tomorrow because unfortunately my machine is not at my house

but I didn't see any movement

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds