Spindle Encoder

More
07 Feb 2023 23:15 #263992 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Spindle Encoder
No, spindle.0.at-speed should be on (true) whenver the spindle is at speed (including at zero speed when that is the requirement)

So, it sounds like whatever HAL logic is driving your spindle.0.at-speed pin, it needs some attention.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2023 23:21 #263993 by Stefan321
Replied by Stefan321 on topic Spindle Encoder
I will take a close look at it again tomorrow and report here, unfortunately I know far too little about the hal and ini files.

More
10 Feb 2023 11:58 #264214 by Stefan321
Hello, I checked again today, it looks like I have a spindle-at-speed up to 300rpm with more speed then no more. if the spindle is still, i have the signal too.

That's also my problem why the spindle doesn't start milling. can you adjust something?

More
10 Feb 2023 14:03 #264222 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Spindle Encoder
If the spindle scaling is wrong, "spindle-at-speed" would likely go false at higher RPMs
(Assuming the hal file is using the "near" function to determine when the actual spindle speed
is close to the commanded speed )

I would check the spindle speed calibration and change the PWM scale as required.
PWM scale would be set by the OUTPUT_SCALE value in the SPINDLE_0 section
of the ini file.

You could also make the spindle-at-speed checking less picky by adjusting the spindles
near components parameters

man near

More
10 Feb 2023 19:16 #264242 by Stefan321
So I could find the error the max spindle speed was set too low. Thus, the spindle-at-speed could not function at all, since the spindle did not reach this speed. Now the milling programs also work. I'll get to my glass rulers tomorrow. I still have to finish the wiring and then have a look at the calibration.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds