Hypertherm powermax 85

More
30 Nov 2023 05:02 #286839 by Etkoehn
will latency be higher when booting off a thumb drive?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2023 15:27 #286880 by tommylight

will latency be higher when booting off a thumb drive?

No, usually it will be lower.
Hard drives do cause latency but usually are OK till they start failing, some SSD are fine and some not, i have yet to bump into a NVME that causes issues.

More
30 Nov 2023 23:59 #286920 by Etkoehn
I wat testing out the LattePanda and was getting around 100,000ns on that.I read what you wrote on your building info and guide

When using Mesa or Pico hardware motion control that becomes less important as the step generation and/or feedback is handled in the external hardware.

I will be using a Mesa 7i96, do you think that much latency will be a problem? I have been trying to educate myself on all this but I have no arrived yet.
My Mesa board is suppose to arrive this monday

More
01 Dec 2023 01:26 #286922 by tommylight
When you get the Mesa board, wire it with just power and LAN cable to Panda, make a quick bare config and use it to test by leaving it on and running some gcode for a day or two while doing other stuff on the panda, if it works after 2 days without dropping the link or watchdog biting, you are good.

More
03 Dec 2023 08:31 #287072 by Etkoehn
Its late and I will have to double check some things in the morning but, I cannot get me Panda internet through wifi while connected to the Mesa (it came in early ) through the ethernet. I have to double check and make sure I changed the ethernet to manual IP correctly(I am able to ping the Mesa) so i think its correct. My router is set to 10.0.0.1 on the IP. Would this be causing the issues?
I think i need to rewatch rodw videos again, but for now any information would be much appreciated.

As far as parts go, I got my rails today and pc monitor. Actually i got them yesterday but the delivery man left them by my fence in the snow/rain. Luckily Everything was fine. Power supplies are here, drivers, some pulleys and belts. I am still waiting on the reduction pulleys/belts and also my stepper motors, then I need to pick up some steel for the gantry and I will be ready to go.

More
03 Dec 2023 10:38 #287084 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Cnc table for plasma cutter!
If links W4 and W5 are down, the default ip address is 192.168.1.121
So if you set your PC's ethernet to 192.168.1.1
It should work for you if you set the links to the defaults per the mesa manual.
Glad you got something out of my video!

More
03 Dec 2023 18:42 #287118 by Etkoehn
GOT IT! Thanks, I rewatched your video and seen you are not suppose to put anything in the gateway. I was putting it also in the gateway and I think that is what was causing my problems. Now I can ping my 7i96 and watch your youtube videos Here is my testing station. I need to see if i have a little relay i can run on this..... I do i just need to find them.
Attachments:

More
04 Dec 2023 06:01 - 04 Dec 2023 06:02 #287166 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Cnc table for plasma cutter!
If you have a 7i96s there, you should not even need a relay. Last time I checked the outputs were OK for 2 amps and nothong in plasma uses that much current. I used the Mesa 7i76e spindle on relay on my plasma machine for torch on and it worked perfect.
Last edit: 04 Dec 2023 06:02 by rodw.

More
06 Dec 2023 14:51 #287356 by Etkoehn
Thanks for the info. I wanted to just run something on the outputs so I knew it was running but I see it has led on the outputs. So I was able to get my steppers running last night. That made me happy, I was struggling with qtplasmac. I could not toggle the estop, after struggling with that for awhile i started reading the document on the qtplasmac.... You would think by now I should learn to read the instruction first. Anyway I've now figured that out and now it's time to start building the table.

More
06 Dec 2023 14:58 #287357 by Etkoehn
Ok, So I think I have everything running correctly now to do a test. So when you say bare config. How bare and what's the best interface(not sure if that's what its called, axis, qtplasmac...) to use for testing this.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds