Neverending problems with Linux

More
17 Mar 2024 12:53 #296129 by Mecanix
Yeah that samba 777 share method on the linux hdd side eradicate credentials (werks for a shortcut, mapped drive, whatever). Don't ask me how to get it done from the windows side... only the MS BitGod knows his shit.

Access to Everybody was a long mystery though, thanks for clearing that up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denhen89

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2024 12:57 #296131 by denhen89
Good to know that i could help also somehow:)
I just created a link/shortcut on my linux desktop, so i just need to click it and the shared folder opens up.

Once again, thank you guys, you helped me a lot.
Now i go to do the same for my Lathe pc.
Have a nice Sunday!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mecanix

More
17 Mar 2024 13:38 - 17 Mar 2024 13:50 #296137 by denhen89
Okay it would be too nice. I have to have a problem on my lathe Linux pc.
It seems that the thunar file manager cannot use links or so.
as soon as I enter smb: and // i get the icon that shows that the link is not allowed next to the link (with link I mean the windows username and ip)
I did already "sudo apt-get install samba" in the terminal.

update: I did this from here superuser.com/questions/1645590/thunar-cannot-browse-network and now I can enter the link and I get the password pupop. I enter the correct password but shortly after

I get "Failed to open file system. Failed to  retrieve share list from server: no route to host"

I will continue, maybe I get it done somehow:)
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Mar 2024 13:50 by denhen89.

More
17 Mar 2024 14:40 #296142 by denhen89
Everything is working now.
I had to unplug a couple of LAN cables and reorder them and i somehow managed to unplug the windows lan cable thinking it was a unused one.
Stupid mistake.
File sharing is working and i am super happy.
Thanks and nice sunday, once more.

More
22 Mar 2024 13:07 #296541 by denhen89
Hello guys,
since my last reply i have again problems with the smb/share folder thing.
Actually the problems started right after i first time wanted to use the shared folder to share milling programs. Its like, ones its working, i can connect and see the files, but then i go out of the folder and back in and i cant see all files, but only 3 for example. Then i got out and back again and i see no files at all. Another situation si that i cannot connect at all and i get a error message with "invalid argument".
I was thinking that my router makes problems and in my workshop i have 2 routers. One main router for glass fiber and to this router was a old 100mbit TPlink router connected. I disabled the tplink router and connected both the windows pc and the linux pc to the main/glass fiber router.
The problems are still there.
I am its really strange for me, because once its working and once not and this is happening without doing any changes.
Do you guys have any ideas what it could be?
I am going to continue to play around, but i have spend already a couple of hours and nothing seems to fix it.
Thanks in advance.

More
22 Mar 2024 15:28 #296545 by Mecanix
Prolly because, you know, windows detect you aren't using your pc and so timeout your conn, trash your auth token, and then takes over to scan your hdds, enabling your mic and webcam, using your local resources for mining crypto, sending your browsing history/logins/pwd to the NSA/CIA, allll under the 'goodguy' pretext of keeping you safe from exploits and vulnerabilities!!

in all seriousness though, tried to share a linux folder (see 777) rather than the other way around? Had those linked up without a single packet loss since a year already.

More
22 Mar 2024 15:35 #296546 by meister
i think the most stable method is via ssh and winscp

More
22 Mar 2024 16:09 #296547 by tommylight

Its like, ones its working, i can connect and see the files, but then i go out of the folder and back in and i cant see all files, but only 3 for example. Then i got out and back again and i see no files at all. Another situation si that i cannot connect at all and i get a error message with "invalid argument".

Usually interference issues from bad cabling/squished cables/crimped cables/lan cable near power cables/etc
I did say "usually" as of win7 and up, setting network sharing is a never ending wack-a-mole game, nothing works, ever.
Probably stuff got better (i have my doubts) with later versions of win10, bat that was utterly miserable.

More
22 Mar 2024 16:24 - 22 Mar 2024 16:26 #296549 by denhen89
Thanks guys. Tomorrow i will check the LAN cables and see if there is anything that could be the reason for such behavior, but JUST NOW at this moment i got the idea to check what is happening on the Lathe Linux pc. If it does work on that pc, then it could be that something with the cnc router pc is wrong. If the behavior is same, then the problem might be the windows pc or the router or the cables.
If i dont manage to keep a stable connection, then i will upload the files via ftp and download them on the cnc router or i will look for a different solution.
@Mecanix: I thought about such things as you wrote. I even checked energy saving settings, but even the settings looks fine, there can also be something that messes arround.
@meister: Thanks, i will check winscp.
Last edit: 22 Mar 2024 16:26 by denhen89.

More
02 Apr 2024 17:04 #297447 by tommylight
Spammer booted, gladly i might add as he was inserting links into other members quotes.
And talking s#it about windoze being secure against crypto mining viruses/malware while linking to probably just that.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds