Linuxcnc 2.8.4 does not show tandem items.

More
16 Jun 2024 16:20 #303117 by aparecido
Hi guys, I have an older PC that had the Debian Wheelzy iso with linuxcnc 2.7.14, I updated the repository link in Synaptic and then updated Linuxcnc to 2.8.4, but the "tandem items" do not appear when I go configure the parallel port pins.
 On one of the axes I have two motors and I want to do square homing as done in this video
, but I don't have the "tandem option" to select the two motors and sensors which are on the same axis.
 I'm not using a mesa card, I'm using a PC with a parallel port, how can I solve it? Because from what I researched on the forum, from version 2.8.* of Linuxcnc there should already be this 'function' with tandem items...
 Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2024 22:23 #303134 by tommylight
Download the 2.9.2 ISO and boot the PC from it, do not install, just use the wizard to create the config, save it to another USB or to hard drive, remove the USB, start the PC normally and use that config.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aparecido

More
17 Jun 2024 16:16 #303187 by aparecido
Hi Tommylight, thanks for the response.
I did what you indicated, I created the file in stepconf of Linuxcnc 2.9.2 and replaced the files in the old version (2.8.4) of Linuxcnc, but Axis does not open, there must probably be something incompatible between the HAL and INI files.
I tried to copy Stepconf from the newer version of Linuxcnc and run it on the old version, it didn't work either.
I verified that the Stepconf of the most current version runs in Python3, however in Debian Wheezy there is no 'native' Python3, only the previous versions.
Is there any other alternative for me to try?
Thanks again for the help.

More
17 Jun 2024 20:30 #303203 by PCW
Can you run LinuxCNC from the command line
to see what startup error you get?

The following user(s) said Thank You: aparecido

More
18 Jun 2024 01:30 #303213 by aparecido
I managed to identify one of the problems, it was in the name of the INI and HAL files, but after correcting it and trying to run Linuxcnc it showed an error.
The error report file is attached...

More
18 Jun 2024 04:59 - 19 Jun 2024 07:17 #303225 by Demarcuselez
Last edit: 19 Jun 2024 07:17 by Demarcuselez.

More
18 Jun 2024 12:35 #303255 by aparecido
 Hello my friend, I haven't managed to solve it yet.
 Searching the forum, there were posts with links to some isos with other Linux distributions (Mint etc) x86/x32 with Linuxcnc newer than Debian Wheezy, but the links are down. Would anyone have a link to indicate where I can download these isos so I can test and see if it works?

More
18 Jun 2024 13:22 #303259 by JT
I have LinuxCNC 2.9.2 here and have never seen anything called "tandem items" in the Stepconf tool.

JT

More
18 Jun 2024 14:04 - 18 Jun 2024 14:13 #303264 by aparecido

I have LinuxCNC 2.9.2 here and have never seen anything called "tandem items" in the Stepconf tool.JT Hi JT, how are you? Here in mine, I made a short video showing it, attached to the post.

Hi JT, how are you? Here on my 2.9.2 it appears, I made a short video showing it, attached to the post.
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Jun 2024 14:13 by aparecido.

More
18 Jun 2024 14:48 #303267 by JT

I have LinuxCNC 2.9.2 here and have never seen anything called "tandem items" in the Stepconf tool.JT Hi JT, how are you? Here in mine, I made a short video showing it, attached to the post.

Hi JT, how are you? Here on my 2.9.2 it appears, I made a short video showing it, attached to the post.

Hmm, I can't seem to open a .rar file here perhaps a screen shot?

JT

Time to create page: 0.583 seconds