Linuxcnc 2.8.4 does not show tandem items.

More
19 Jun 2024 10:08 #303346 by rodw
You don't need pncconf or stepconf to build a working config joint axes or not, you just need a text editor and do some reading. 
My Mesa 7i76e was not supported in pcconf so I had no choixe 7-8 years ago when 2.8 was relesed and I survived.
You could build a xyza config and edit the result
The following user(s) said Thank You: aparecido

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2024 16:19 #303361 by aparecido

You don't need pncconf or stepconf to build a working config joint axes or not, you just need a text editor and do some reading. 
My Mesa 7i76e was not supported in pcconf so I had no choixe 7-8 years ago when 2.8 was relesed and I survived.
You could build a xyza config and edit the result

Yes, I'm working on it, I'm editing a configuration I made using stepconf and I'll test it on the machine as soon as possible. When you have tested it, I will return with the result whether it worked or not. Thank you for your help.

More
25 Jun 2024 19:19 #303776 by aparecido
I managed to test it just now and every time I try to move an axis, a new warning like the one in the image appears.
 No engine moved...
Attachments:

More
25 Jun 2024 19:31 #303778 by rodw
You need to Home all before attempting to jog
If you don't have home switches, you will need to add them for a gantry as they are mandatory.

More
25 Jun 2024 19:45 #303781 by aparecido

You need to Home all before attempting to jog
If you don't have home switches, you will need to add them for a gantry as they are mandatory.

So with this configuration I need to do homming to release movement, right? Before, in the standard configuration of 3 motors, I moved the machine before homing without any problems...

More
25 Jun 2024 19:59 #303783 by rodw
The joint axes that were added in 2.8 require homing before jogging as your error says.
I just got into the habit of hitting home all after power up so its not onerous and generally not difficult to add the required switches.

More
25 Jun 2024 20:32 #303786 by aparecido

The joint axes that were added in 2.8 require homing before jogging as your error says.
I just got into the habit of hitting home all after power up so its not onerous and generally not difficult to add the required switches.

Got it, interesting.
 In the machine and in the old configuration of this machine that I built now, before using two sensors to square, I had the habit of doing the homing with the inductive sensors on the axes.
 But as in the previous format I was able to move the axes before homming, I found it strange that I tried to do the same now and the error message appeared.
 I will do new tests as soon as possible, thank you for the information and help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
26 Jun 2024 15:04 #303832 by aparecido
Hi guys, good news, the homming square worked perfectly.
 I already backed up hal and ini so I wouldn't have any more problems...
 I have a new question, is it possible to jog any of the axes before homming?
 Because imagine that for some reason Linux closes or the PC restarts with the axis stopped at the other end, the travel of Y and X is approximately 1000mm, when I give the homming command it slowly comes looking for point 0 (sensor) . Before, when I could move the motors before homing it was quick, I would bring it close to the jog sensor and give the homming command, but now I have to wait a long time....
 Is there a way to get around it?
Attachments:

More
26 Jun 2024 20:47 #303848 by rodw
Have a look at the homing veocities
linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/config/ini...tml#_home_search_vel
As the docs say there is trade off between homing speed and overrun.
From memory I use search_vel 12 m/min and placed the home switch far enough away from the limit switch so the axis could coast to a stop
Then a much slower latch velocity to find the home switch edge
Finally a home_offset (of about 40mm) to move close to the limit switch to maximize the machine envelope

Whilst you can use a shared home/limit switch, and this works fine where there is some weight being moved (eg milling machine table) so the axis stops quickly, a lightweight gantry might be better off with seperate switches so you can home at speed.

More
27 Jun 2024 18:12 #303921 by aparecido

Have a look at the homing veocities
linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/config/ini...tml#_home_search_vel
As the docs say there is trade off between homing speed and overrun.
From memory I use search_vel 12 m/min and placed the home switch far enough away from the limit switch so the axis could coast to a stop
Then a much slower latch velocity to find the home switch edge
Finally a home_offset (of about 40mm) to move close to the limit switch to maximize the machine envelope

Whilst you can use a shared home/limit switch, and this works fine where there is some weight being moved (eg milling machine table) so the axis stops quickly, a lightweight gantry might be better off with seperate switches so you can home at speed.

Ah ok, I'll test it at other speeds to see how it behaves.
 One more question, when I give the home all command, does it homing to Y and homing to the Z axis and then to Y and finally to X1+X2?
 The initial sequence is configured like this:
Z axis = 0
Y axis = 1
X1 axis = -1
X2 axis = -1

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds