Latency and Graphics Card

More
23 Sep 2024 16:21 #310657 by rajsekhar
I am stuck with latency issue. My system uses MESA through ethernet.

I have Gigabyte H310 S2 2.0 motherboard + Intel i3 6100T (2core) processor+8GB RAM.

This machine when tested earlier without a graphics card had showed Max jitter around 50,000~80,000ns. Then I had added a Radeon(AMD) 2 GB graphics card which clutched latency values within ~30,000 ns.

Now, while testing with actual control panel after complete wiring, the graphics card malfunctioned (temp above 60 Degree C plus monitor black out) and resulted a 49ms latency spike. After removal of graphics card latency returned back to 80,000~115,000ns.

Now, if I conclude that graphics card really helps managing latency, am I doing wrong or right?

Another query, in LCNC documentation, it is written "Graphics card capable of at least 1024x768 resolution, which is not using the NVidia or ATI fglrx proprietary drivers". Now what does that mean? In india, most graphics card uses NVIDIA brand name on packing, not sure about the driver though. Can those be used?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2024 16:33 #310658 by tommylight
Use the built in graphics, no add on cards, those usually make latency worse, especially NVIDIA.
Really old Matrox cards were good and had no impact on latency.

More
25 Sep 2024 03:44 #310746 by panming
Replied by panming on topic Latency and Graphics Card
You can try a CPU without a iGPU (i.e. a series with the F suffix). Coupled with AMD's discrete graphics card, which I use now, it works very well.

More
30 Sep 2024 00:55 #311048 by Diegot
Replied by Diegot on topic Latency and Graphics Card
I did some testing minths ago and have the same results.
With the Rt kernel, AMD graphics have the lowest latency numbers, with the onborad graphics disable into Bios.The onboard Intel ghaphics was 2a and the worst and I don't recommend to use was Nvidia cards. I teste one 1050 and a Quadro and the results are the same. For some reason the native drivers from Debian to Nvidia dont like the RT kernel, and I could no find a soluntion for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rajsekhar

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds