pncconf problems

More
17 Dec 2014 10:34 #54080 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic pncconf problems
what version of linuxcnc are you using?
Chris M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2014 20:18 #54092 by cmtunnel
Replied by cmtunnel on topic pncconf problems
drives are enabled. running linuxcnc 2.6.5. It was doing the same thing on 2.6.3. Also on I/o tab 2 where i assign 7i77 and encoders there are 3 I/o windows and i'm not sure what they are for. was trying to get pwmgen out of them but it's not an option..........leaving them alone for now.

More
17 Dec 2014 23:15 #54097 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic pncconf problems
on a 7I77, PWM is setup in the Smart Serial 1 tab

The hal file looks OK (right connections to 7I77 hal pins for the axis)

Have you verified that you drives work when tested independently of linuxcnc/7I77?
(enable manually and connect analog-in to a battery for example)

I would try your existing hal/ini files and verify the encoders work, are scaled right and
count in the right directions and then trace the PID operation (PID components inputs and outputs)
with the watch function (machine --> show hal configuration -->watch --> pins --> pid --> command (and feedback)
when you jog each axis to see whats going on

More
18 Dec 2014 09:10 #54105 by cmtunnel
encoders work fine. direction looks good and scaling is the same from last control. Drives should be fine....Y-axis works in pncconf and they were all working fine before last control died. The drive enable is done with a separate relay on this machine because of the way the amc drives are set up....could that be a cause?

The y-axis works fine in pncconf open loop test. The address for the y-axis is correct straight from pncconf. The address for the x and z is wrong out of pncconf. hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.2.analogout0 versus hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.analogout0. I don't think pncconf is reading my hal file after I hand edit it.......it's only setting up what it thinks should be the hal file ..........but it's picking bad info.

I think the problem is in the config. I don't know hal but will have some time over the next few days to study it. There is no hal pin in the halmeter box when the open loop test is started and the window below with only the hal address is the wrong channel like above.

More
18 Dec 2014 12:46 #54111 by PCW
Hmm the hal files you posted have correct analog output names, where are they wrong?

More
18 Dec 2014 22:47 - 18 Dec 2014 22:53 #54131 by cmtunnel
Pncconf was making them wrong. The hal i showed you was after i hand edited it. I tuned the drives the other day outside of linuxcnc and they seem to respond correctly.

When I choose y on the open loop test there is a window for hal meter and another smaller one showing the same hal pin name analogout.0 and when i give it the voltage command i can see the voltage in both windows and the servo responds. For x and z the hal pin in the smaller window is .2.analogout# and there is no voltage on either when i try to test. There is no hal pin at all in the hal meter window for x and y unless i pick the correct one but they don't work and the smaller window still holds the wrong hal pin address.

It seems to me that pncconf is saving the file at the end of the session and not using the modified file so i'm not getting to try the hal file in the open loop. However, none of them are working in linuxcnc. I changed from 2.6.3 to 2.6.5 earlier in the week so pncconf has been updated......can't figure why it would choose everything right in one instance and be out in left field on the other two.

Any ideas? Please let me know any info. you need. I'll be working on this everyday now until it's running barring xmas shopping. Thanks.

Is there a way to run the open loop test outside pncconf?
Last edit: 18 Dec 2014 22:53 by cmtunnel.

More
19 Dec 2014 05:19 #54150 by PCW
Thats strange, just tried pncconf from 2.6.5 and it makes correct hal files and the open loop tests work

More
19 Dec 2014 06:08 #54152 by cmtunnel
I'll double check the drives tomorrow. could it be my pc hardware?

More
20 Dec 2014 02:38 #54167 by cmtunnel
Any ideas on this??

More
20 Dec 2014 05:11 #54171 by PCW
Not sure what the issue is but the stock pncconf delivered with linuxcnc 2.6.5 seems OK

(this was installed with the wheezy ISO image (when it was packaged with linuxcnc 2.6.4 and then linuxcnc was upgraded to 2.6.5)

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds