pncconf problems

More
22 Dec 2014 00:26 #54189 by cmtunnel
Replied by cmtunnel on topic pncconf problems
The problem was me. When i choose the 7i77 mode 0 it adds another smart serial(#2)............under the ss2 it adds tabs for tb7, tb8, and tb5....I guess it is supposed to do that.....just seems like its asking for everything twice. Anyway i was re-entering the pwms and enables in there twice and it makes everything go nuts. I set everything back to unused in the ss2 tab and now i get open loop testing on all 3 axes. I'm getting little to no action in axis but I haven't tuned yet so it looks like everything is working fine. Thought it might be worth posting the ss2 thing to see if someone could explain it. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2014 00:38 #54191 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic pncconf problems
SS2 on a 7I77 is the RS-422 expansion connector so
should be left alone unless you have something connected there

More
22 Dec 2014 05:15 #54197 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic pncconf problems
yes the 7i77 is pre selected so no need to select it again.
That selection box is for any added sserial devices connected through the 7i77.

maybe i should have pncconf label the tabs with '7i77 PWM' instead of 'sseial 1' etc?

Chris M

More
23 Dec 2014 04:03 #54235 by akb1212
Replied by akb1212 on topic pncconf problems
It would possibly be a god idea to rename those tabs. But I would hope you can find a way to make the user aware of what connector (or internal function on the card) it is.

After all this is a guide for newcommers to help them get to grips with the whole philosophy behind the Mesa system. It's not straight forward to think that some "connectors" are internal, and not physical Connectors at all, while others are.

So a more thorough explanation on this whole way of doing things is a good idea! And the best place is to have it in this guide! It will be the first place users will look for it.

And thanks for taking the job of making this config wizard/guide in the first place! It is one of the most important tools to lower the initial learning curve of LCNC.

Anders

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds