2 steppers on one axis 5i25 - 7i76

More
21 Feb 2018 23:06 #106299 by rodw

I just had a play then and Both joints move in unison when jogging Y when unhomed from the Axis GUI and my Mesa MPG.

Its possible that a new version of master has fixed this behaviour as I found a few bugs in homing on Gmoccappy that Norbert fixed and there was a bit of a flurry on some of the other GUIs after the problems I raised were noted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanMN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2018 00:01 #106301 by rodw

any idea what I am doing wrong?

Try from the Synaptics GUI. Check the deb settings there first. So long ago since I did it. (I just type make)

More
22 Feb 2018 00:03 #106302 by cmorley

I still can't get one of the steppers to move. I have attached the hal and ini file.

I definately see an error.

look for this line in the Y axis:

net y-pos-cmd => hm2_5i25.0.stepgen.01.position-cmd

change it to:

net y-output <= hm2_5i25.0.stepgen.01.velocity-cmd

i bet you see movement then (hopefully good movement)

Chris M

More
22 Feb 2018 00:14 #106303 by chadrat6458
Now, I am confused. Do I make the change mentioned above or do the joints?

More
22 Feb 2018 00:26 #106306 by cmorley
well if you still have the original code why not try the one line change - it may be enough.

If you want the added feature of master then go that route but a small warning Master is not released code, and had big changes in it. The guys advocating using it are very experienced. I'm sure with their help you will get there but be prepared for the time investment. There are a lot of little thing to learn on the way.

Rodw: maybe with your help I could add a tandem capability to pncconf's master branch.
I need a working sample config to see the differences.

Chris M

More
22 Feb 2018 00:42 #106307 by chadrat6458
definitely want to go the easiest route. I found this .hal file. Is this how it should be set up?
Attachments:

More
22 Feb 2018 00:57 #106308 by DanMN
Sorry if I caused confusion with my previous post. I started this saga on 2.8, so it's all I know. If you're going with 2.7, my suggestions don't apply.

More
22 Feb 2018 00:59 #106309 by DanMN
Rodw - per your prior comment on single-axis jogging behavior, I upgraded to latest 2.8 master and an error dialog pops up to intercept the badness now. As you predicted, it's fixed.

More
22 Feb 2018 01:07 #106310 by cmorley

definitely want to go the easiest route. I found this .hal file. Is this how it should be set up?

I'm sorry I think we are getting you (and me) confused.

The file you just posted seems to be a hand written file - looks like from 2.8 (master).

The one line change I was talking of was for the 2.7 version made from PNCconf that you had already did a little hand edit on.

Please choose which version of linuxcnc you wish to go with 2.7(released) or 2.8 (master/development) and then one of us will advise you from there.

Chris M

More
22 Feb 2018 01:59 #106311 by chadrat6458
Ok, I updated to 2.8. I think I want the joints. I created a .hal and .ini file in pncconf using the X Y Z A. How do I convert the A to a Y?
Attachments:

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds