Test LinuxCNC without motors and encoders connected

More
20 Jun 2019 18:39 #137405 by andypugh
A standard coordinate system is
X + to the right
Y + away from you
Z + up.

(or, other directions, depending on where you stand)

The WCS in Fusion is this way round, and that is what all G-code assumes.

This is all tool-movement-relative-to-work.

If the work moves (like on a knee mill, or some gantries, then this can be confusing, but if you look at the tool relative to the work it will always be the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2019 18:55 #137409 by Peterdeleu
And what does this mean in my situation?
This is indeed the WCS in Fusion.
If I use this WCS, and I position the workpiece against the stop on the Biesse (left-rear), what will happen?
I don't have the machine running yet. I'm only make some simulations on LinuxCNC. and when I load the G-code that has been created in Fusion into in LinuxCNC, the workpiece is positioned outside the work area.

More
20 Jun 2019 19:08 #137412 by andypugh

And what does this mean in my situation?
This is indeed the WCS in Fusion.
If I use this WCS, and I position the workpiece against the stop on the Biesse (left-rear), what will happen?.

You can place the WCS anywhere in Fusion.
And then you can place the LinuxCNC G-code origin anywhere on the bed in LinuxCNC.

It's really a non-issue.

I very often place my WCS on a hole in Fusion and then probe that hole on the machine, make that my origin, and continue the part, for example.

The LinuxCNC G-code X=0, Y=0, Z=0 can be anywhere inside (or even outside) the machine envelope. It is offset from the absolute position, but you never use that.

More
21 Jun 2019 10:50 #137482 by Peterdeleu
I'll tried to simulate the WCS problem, and it looks like this is indeed a non-issue.

But I have another problem (again ;) )
During the execution of a program, the "Preview" stops showing movements at the begin of each line. Everything is "shocking".
It looks like the preview is only refreshed after an instruction is completed. The strange thing is.. when I make small movements with the mouse (left button pressed) over the preview, then the preview is ok.
Is this something that I can solve, or is this normal?
Something to do with the fact that there are no servo's and encoders are connected yet? (FERROR and MIN_FERROR = 1000)

More
22 Jun 2019 23:07 #137615 by andypugh
I am not sure what you are describing, but it does not sound normal.

The graphical preview uses OpenGL and sometimes that can be a bit funny without the right graphics drivers installed.
Is this onboard video or an add-in card?

More
26 Jun 2019 10:50 #137880 by Peterdeleu
Sorry for my late respons, but I was away for a few days.

I'm using the onboard graphic card.
The motherboard is a M2NPV-VM ASUS
And it is a - NVIDIAR GeForce 6150 + nForce 430

I'll try to explain the behavior..
LinuxCNC is working normal.
The G-code instructions are scrolling like it should be.
Only when there's a G-code witch requires a long movement of the axes, the preview shows only the movement when the movement is done. I mean, when for example the X-axis needs to move 100mm, I can only see in the preview the result of the movement when the move is complete. So the preview "shocks". I should expect that the preview shows the movement while the X-axis is moving, and not only when it is completed.
But when I move the cursor above the preview (with the left mouse button pressed, so move the image in the preview box) I see the tool moving in the preview).

More
26 Jun 2019 11:44 #137885 by andypugh
This goes against some of what you might have read on the Wiki (but a lot of that is outdated). I would be tempted to try the on-board graphics and see if that works better. It will, at least, save some space and power .

More
26 Jun 2019 11:46 #137886 by Peterdeleu
Maybe I was not clear :) (English is not my native language ;) )

I'm using the onboard graphic. There's no the video card installed.

More
26 Jun 2019 11:50 #137888 by andypugh

Maybe I was not clear :) (English is not my native language ;) )

It is mine, I have no excuse at all for my lack of reading comprehension there.

You _could_ try software OpenGL. This used to be common advice a long time ago, I am not sure how relevant it still is:
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Troubl...oftware_based_OpenGL

More
26 Jun 2019 12:44 #137890 by Peterdeleu
I've tried to install the OpenGL (or update)
But it is not possible because it was already installed an a many more blablabla...

I've tested my OpenGL whit that OpenGL geartest.. I have 950 frames per second.. that should be sufficient I guess

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds