Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
07 Feb 2013 03:06 #29728 by tjamscad
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:04:55 -E word with no G76, M66, M67 or M68 to use it

N33G00G90G40M01E01

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2013 03:15 #29729 by newbynobi

I understand now. thanks

I had not seen a toolchanger like that on a mill.

Is that you in the background?

No its a friend of mine.
My other changer the turent is working similar, the tool s are fixt in spring clamps from the side.

More
07 Feb 2013 03:18 #29730 by newbynobi
@tjamcad

N33G00G90G40M01E01

linuxcnc does not like the E01

You can not just copy a fadal program to linuxcnc!
Nearly every machine control has its own language, many are based on Gcode, but have cycles programmed with special dialects.

You will have to translate them to pure gcode.

Norbert

More
07 Feb 2013 03:32 #29731 by tjamscad

@tjamcad

N33G00G90G40M01E01

linuxcnc does not like the E01

You can not just copy a fadal program to linuxcnc!
Nearly every machine control has its own language, many are based on Gcode, but have cycles programmed with special dialects.

You will have to translate them to pure gcode.

Norbert

Yes, I agree language and dialects. LinuxCNC should be able to translate and function so I dont have to change programs everytime i need to load a program.

More
07 Feb 2013 05:11 #29734 by BigJohnT
Sounds like a good job for you to write translators for other G code to LinucCNC.

John

More
07 Feb 2013 05:29 #29736 by andypugh

LinuxCNC should be able to translate and function so I dont have to change programs everytime i need to load a program.

That would be nice, but may be harder than it sounds.
The problem is how LinuxCNC is meant to work out what particular G-code dialect is being used, purely from the G-code.
There is work under-way to allow pluggable interpreters, so it should be possible in the future to swap the RS274NGC interpreter for a Fadal interpreter.
But that will still not work if you feed it Fanuc G-code.

G40 in RS274NGC is "cancel cutter radius compensation" and M01 is "optional pause."
What is that E01 expected to do in that line of G-code on a Fadal machine? I don't see a G-code to use it.

More
07 Feb 2013 06:15 #29741 by tjamscad

LinuxCNC should be able to translate and function so I dont have to change programs everytime i need to load a program.

The problem is how LinuxCNC is meant to work out what particular G-code dialect is being used, purely from the G-code.
There is work under-way to allow pluggable interpreters, so it should be possible in the future to swap the RS274NGC interpreter for a Fadal interpreter.

G40 in RS274NGC is "cancel cutter radius compensation" and M01 is "optional pause."
What is that E01 expected to do in that line of G-code on a Fadal machine? I don't see a G-code to use it.

The programer of the file said in this case E01 can be replaced by G54. How ever this is silly in my opinion. Maybe this can be added to the LinuxCNC3 list? If I want to run a program on a Haas, Toyoda, Fadal, Cincitti, Viper, or LinuxCNC converted machine I should be able to. Currently I can't but LinuxCNC would be more apealing if it could decide between them.

More
07 Feb 2013 06:19 #29742 by tjamscad

Sounds like a good job for you to write translators for other G code to LinucCNC.

John

Was that directed at me?

More
07 Feb 2013 07:48 #29746 by BigJohnT

John

Was that directed at me?

Aye.

More
07 Feb 2013 09:52 #29748 by cmorley

That is a common problem in shops that uses many different controls and use the special features of them.
Things you could do:

You stick to the generic-between-controls Gcodes
It you use CAD/CAM you build a post processor for each machine.
If it's simple substitution - Linxcnc can run a filter program before running the Gcode. (Someone would need to write this)
use linuxcnc's 'remap' capability to change linuxcnc to understand different dialects ( at the moment you can't change arbitrary Gcode -only a small subset)

Chris M

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds