Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
04 Feb 2013 06:07 #29538 by tjamscad

Chris,

Today I had Stuart sit down and use gscreen-indrustrail. He was very pleased but had some comments.

1. Can you add a button for machine off?
The reason for this is that he sat down and said how do I turn it on? He didnt want to push the putton for machine off because it machine off not machine on.

2. What does the "corridant system" button do?

3. Can you remove the double click screen change on the graphic menu?

1) So he would like an estop button, a machine on button, and a machine off button?
I'm running out of room for buttons! I reality I expected most people would have real switches for these features and the buttons are mostly for status.

2) coordinate system button allows you to pick g54 g55 g56 etc system with the +- keys so you can set each's origin

3) yes i think we can do with out that and it's pretty undiscoverable anyways.

Chris M

1. Can you make the Estop half size and put a machine on and machine off there.
2. Im not sure I see how that works. It is on the setup tab/page and when I select it everything else is not selectable.
3. thanks, machinest like to double tap while being impaitaint

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2013 06:50 #29539 by tjamscad
Chris,

Can you check out the alarm history page? the preferences, alarm history and terminal tabs are gone.

More
04 Feb 2013 08:46 - 04 Feb 2013 09:11 #29545 by cmorley

Chris,

Can you check out the alarm history page? the preferences, alarm history and terminal tabs are gone.

Sorry - little screw up - fixed

you can turn desktop pop up off from preference page.
now after you unloack the system page it stays unlocked untill you click the system tab while it is already on the system page.
I may change that last behaviour, but i found it annoying entering the code every time I clicked on the system tab.

Chris M
Last edit: 04 Feb 2013 09:11 by cmorley.

More
04 Feb 2013 09:09 - 04 Feb 2013 09:11 #29546 by cmorley

1. Can you make the Estop half size and put a machine on and machine off there.
2. Im not sure I see how that works. It is on the setup tab/page and when I select it everything else is not selectable.
3. thanks, machinest like to double tap while being impaitaint

1) I can do something like that (I've tried it ). It will take awhile to balance everything out again.
Changing one thing often changes the size of other things ( the page tabs got larger )
So it will take a little time and I will put the other buttons on top.
I am still not sure I will release it like that....I'll wait till I've finished it.

2) you switch coord. systems (you see the current system in the upper right, beside the tool number) then untoggle the system button
It then stays in that system. Then you can do what ever you want.
Of course if you run a program that sets the system to something else if will end up in that system.
How does Fanuc controls allow the operator to select user systems in manual mode?

3) yes it didn't work well with a touchscreen. Are you using a touchscreen?

by the way:
The PPA (downloaded package) that fixes the desktop pop messages is here:
launchpad.net/~leolik/+archive/leolik?field.series_filter=lucid
Not sure if you are using lucid (10.04) or precise (12.04) both are there.

I found when I turned it off I didn't notice the message in the status bar much.
With the PPA it stay up for 3 seconds (which could be changed too)
I'm not sure if you noticed there was a sound on errors too...

Chris
Last edit: 04 Feb 2013 09:11 by cmorley.

More
04 Feb 2013 10:05 #29547 by tjamscad

1) I can do something like that (I've tried it ). It will take awhile to balance everything out again.
Changing one thing often changes the size of other things ( the page tabs got larger )
So it will take a little time and I will put the other buttons on top.
I am still not sure I will release it like that....I'll wait till I've finished it.

2) you switch coord. systems (you see the current system in the upper right, beside the tool number) then untoggle the system button
It then stays in that system. Then you can do what ever you want.
Of course if you run a program that sets the system to something else if will end up in that system.
How does Fanuc controls allow the operator to select user systems in manual mode?

3) yes it didn't work well with a touchscreen. Are you using a touchscreen?

Chris

1. Standing By, take your time I I am not sure how the button on top thing will work out either but if it make these guys faster.

2. I am not sure I have ever noticed them doing that. I will check and see normally the cordante system stays the same. i will double check tomorrow.

3. Yes my demo is on a touch screen.

More
04 Feb 2013 14:29 - 04 Feb 2013 14:29 #29549 by cmorley
Here is a sample pic:

imagebin.org/245426

I don't really like it - too busy on top and I expect the messages at the top not the bottom - but see what you think

Chris
Last edit: 04 Feb 2013 14:29 by cmorley.

More
04 Feb 2013 20:00 #29560 by tjamscad

Here is a sample pic:

imagebin.org/245426

I don't really like it - too busy on top and I expect the messages at the top not the bottom - but see what you think

Chris

Can you put the tabs at the top and the button underneath?

More
05 Feb 2013 01:31 #29583 by cmorley
Yes! and I sent it to you.

Chris M

More
05 Feb 2013 03:10 #29593 by tjamscad

Yes! and I sent it to you.

Chris M

Chris,

I like it, I like it

On the System tab can you add unlocked or locked? I left the system tab but didnt know if it was unlocked.

More
05 Feb 2013 04:23 #29599 by andypugh

On the System tab can you add unlocked or locked? I left the system tab but didnt know if it was unlocked.

<hint>
The point of GScreen is that it is meant to be an interface that is easily customisable by the end-user
</hint>

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds