qtvcp issues

More
17 Jul 2018 22:37 #114431 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic qtvcp issues
Is your config metric based? i haven't tested metric configs - i'll have to do that.

I'll look into the metric increments problem, it's probably related to your continuous jogging problem.

If the jog speed is slow try setting the jog rate higher.
widgets StatusSlider and statusAdjustmentBar can set the jog rate or you can set it in your handlerfile directly: STATUS.set_jog_rate(<some rate>) should do it.

As for your button for gcode commands. - Action buttons can be used to run commands set from the INI file - (makes it easier to make quick changes) or you can set the MDI command directly in Designer (must be a command that doesn't need input - such as zeroing all axes).

Your buttons that set an axis to a selectable number must use slots to the form as yo have done.
Using the qtvcp.Action library might be cleaner programing:

ACTION.CALL_MDI(<some code>)
Will ensure linuxcnc is in the proper mode and then run the MDI command.

Of course you must import the library and instaniate it as ACTION.
I don't see any library imports in your handler file but assume they are there.

Chris M
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilya
More
17 Jul 2018 22:48 #114432 by cmorley
I confirm the jog increments issue with a metric config.
Will work on this tonight - thanks.

Chris M
The following user(s) said Thank You: andypugh, Ilya
More
19 Jul 2018 08:59 #114520 by cmorley
I have pushed some work on this that should fix the jogging increments issue if you are using the jogIncrements combo box.
You should be able to just pull the branch - no conflicts.
i added a metric based config so i can test with.

jograte still doesn't change into metric units - i'll work on that next.

For angular jogging I guess it's required to have two combo boxes; one for linear, one for angular so i will update the jogincrements widgets to cover that.

Jog increments action buttons are a little different - I'll have to decide how to handle that.

Chris M
More
19 Jul 2018 23:58 #114544 by cmorley
ok pushed work for angular jog rate and angular increments.
Should be pretty functional now.

One thing I missed is having the jog rate display switch units when in different units (g20/g21) mode. It doesn't lie the rate is converted else where but is displayed in machine units.
I could see arguments for leaving it that way (someone used to imperial for instance may not intuitively understand the jog rate in metric) but also could see it as confusing if yo are expecting that in metric mode everything is metric.

jog distance is different and you can use the combo box to set either units in either units mode. I could add an option to have that change to metric only in metric mode and imperial only in imperial mode if it was really desired.

Chris M
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds