qtvcp issues

More
25 Oct 2018 09:00 #119381 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic qtvcp issues
Action buttons can be anywhere and they should work fine.
If an action button isn't doing the action then I would check that you selected an action in the property editor. In earlier stages the action button defaulted to estop action - now it defaults to no action.

Also if you want to see it toggle you must set it checkable in the properties editor.

I'll need to add some more docs to help with these problems - it's good to iron them out - thanks!

Chris M
The following user(s) said Thank You: auto-mation-assist

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2018 01:15 #119417 by auto-mation-assist
Replied by auto-mation-assist on topic qtvcp issues
I have attached a information file that I wrote up in LibreOffice Writer on how to make manual changes or additions to a XML .ui file manually for items that are either already linked to the gui's handler or for those that need to be added.

I wrote this because when dealing with more complex layouts the qt designer turned out to be not so user friendly. Perhaps this info will help others in some way.

I have the file available as edit_xml_file.odt if any one wants to edit it and make additions or changes.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, KCJ

More
26 Oct 2018 04:31 #119427 by cmorley
That is some interesting info.
I'm very curious to see your code :)

Chris M
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
27 Oct 2018 15:24 - 27 Oct 2018 15:29 #119510 by auto-mation-assist
Chris,

I have some issues with these dialogues: filedialog, camviewdialog, _macrotabdialog, originoffsetdialog and tooloffsetdialog. The problem that has appeared is that they will not keep their desired positions in a frame. I can set the geometry position to x0 and y0 and they move to those positions. Close the the .ui file and bring it back up and they are no longer where they should be, x0 and y0.

What I found is that they have pre-set positions and use those each time they are reloaded. Thus they end up hiding under other frames of my gui and can not be accessed. My tests have shown that they only like to be in below positions.

filedialog x577 y298
camviewdialog x677 y298
originoffsetdialog x687 y375
tooloffsetdialog x477 y375
_macrotabdialog x577 y298

When I place them in a new MainWindow at x0 and y0, and then save the file, close it and re-open it that is were they end up. My attached files shows this. Test1.png shows the x0 y0 position and test2.png show the position after closing and opening the test .ui

In a other unrelated issue the to name of buttons that use different names for true and false states only show the false state name for me now. This was working fine before. I have been doing a pull every morning.

I did resolve the problem I was having with the estop button. It was not marked as a action estop button. I was alerted to this by a error message that printed out in red in the terminal window

I have not found a clear gcode graphics selection for a action button.

I think that the key board that pops up for mdi needs to be replaced with something that looks like a normal keyboard. I have a frame reserved in my gui that will be used to pop up the onboard virtual key board. Just need to figure out how to implement that.

I’m not completely satisfied with my x1Mill Gui yet but will do some clean-up this coming week and can upload it "as is" then for review, recommendations and if available some help in getting the verser probing screen into its designed frame.

I don’t know how to use git hub to well but I can put the files into my account, hopefully sometime next week. If you have another suggestion please let me know.
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Oct 2018 15:29 by auto-mation-assist.

More
27 Oct 2018 21:58 - 27 Oct 2018 21:59 #119521 by cmorley
I had a large response for all your questions but then managed to erase it so I'll be brief. ask for details of what suits you.

*graphics clearing action:
set the action button properties:
view_change_options; true
view_change string: clear

*virtual keyboard
The soft keyboard of the MDI line can be turned off - there is a property for that.
Is it just the layout that you don't like? - that could be changed.

You can use Onboard or matchbox in a couple different ways.
There is a library for it is qvcp/lib/virtual_keyboard
This would be set up in your hander file but it would be a floating above keyboard.
Or you can use the XEmbed widget to embed a keyboard.
The command to load onboard is: onboard --xid
the command for matchbox is: matchbox-keyboard --xid
You must make sure the XEmbed widget is at least large enough for the minimum size of the keyboard.

I haven't done either of these is a while so there may be little things...
The sample config qtdefault_ngc uses XEmbed so I know it works in principle.

*Dialogs
I think you are placing the dialogs on your main widget hoping that is where they will show.
Not unreasonable but that is not how they were intended.
In fact I make them as small as possible and add them anywhere -
there is a property 'state' that is used to hide them in designer to get them out of they way.

They are programmatically made to find the size of the main screen and place them either in the middle of the bottom left IIRC.
I always intended to give them size/location memory - probably using the preference file.
I would read the size/location when they close and record it - does that sound right?
You could override the load_dialog function of each dialog and do what you like (it's a bit hacky)

*button labels
i'll look into the action button problem.

I'm glad you figured out the estop problem - the logging messages with color are very nice a gift from Kurt .
You can turn on debugging logs but it adds a lot of info to the terminal.

I look forward to your seeing your code - GitHub is a great place

Chris M
Last edit: 27 Oct 2018 21:59 by cmorley.

More
27 Oct 2018 22:02 #119522 by cmorley
Can you check if the labels change on the estop/power buttons of the sample config qtdefault.
They change for me

Chris M

More
27 Oct 2018 22:04 #119523 by cmorley
My guess is I changed the property name and you need to update - you would see it as your old properties being call dynamic properties...

Chris M

More
27 Oct 2018 22:50 #119524 by auto-mation-assist
I will check for a property change.

More
27 Oct 2018 22:55 #119525 by auto-mation-assist
Here is a error I ran into that is likely just a spelling error. I think it should be: angular.
Attachments:

More
27 Oct 2018 23:30 #119527 by cmorley
yes -i'll push the fix soon

Chris M

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.568 seconds