Unity3D User Interface

More
22 Mar 2020 22:54 #161148 by artsev
Replied by artsev on topic Unity3D User Interface

You may want to try this
forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...cnc?start=130#159301

It's a pretty complete package running on Mint.

Thank you.
I will try this image.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2020 19:09 #161251 by Cerna
Replied by Cerna on topic Unity3D User Interface

(...)How many processes "linuxcnc core" contains except GUI?

Something like DLL..., you are completely new to Linux, aren't you?

I did some projects for linux 10 years ago for FreeSWITCH VoIP (C# and C++ plugins), noob but not complete :) Today I spent a lot of time to issue with unity package, because I can't start it, and after investigations I found magical checkbox "run as software" ... :) ...

next step is installing "right" debian and linuxcnc binary package and check how it works ->(...)

Not sure, to be frank. Looking at ps output for userspace execution LinuxCNC, there are about 10 processes. Every so-called ULAPI component creates its own process (IPC done by shared memory segment). So basically you cannot tell that the "core" has exactly that number of processes.

But really for GUI purpose, what is most important for you is (where I would start) is the task coordinator - milltask. (And of course the NML variety of supporting processes. What creates channels and how they are consumed.)

And it has no significance which distribution you use. Just get the code from Github, get it to compile and start studying and hacking at it.

More
23 Mar 2020 19:39 #161257 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Unity3D User Interface

Found

this:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/code/Code_Not..._custom_nml_commands

and this:
sourceforge.net/p/emc/mailman/message/8639237/

Take care when using google to locate resources. The firstlink id from V 2.5 so well and truly (possibly) obsolete.Its always best to go to the main documentation page and see if you can find the current version of the docs.

More
23 Mar 2020 23:23 #161302 by BeagleBrainz
Replied by BeagleBrainz on topic Unity3D User Interface
If old mate uses the Mint respin, the HTML docs are installed locally, these are the same that are linked on the Doc page. And of course the std pdf docs are installed as well.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds