Quick Introduction

More
27 Jun 2012 17:11 #21396 by AJBecker
Replied by AJBecker on topic Re:Quick Introduction
Haha :P , I had a spare one lying around and definitely wasn't going to put a lcd in the workshop. I did look at buying an industrial grade touch panel but at £650 I couldn't justify the cost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2012 17:43 #21398 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Quick Introduction
Out of interest, which University are you studying at?

More
27 Jun 2012 17:55 - 27 Jun 2012 17:56 #21399 by AJBecker
University of the Witwatersrand (Wits) in Johannesburg
Last edit: 27 Jun 2012 17:56 by AJBecker.

More
28 Jun 2012 09:09 #21423 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:Quick Introduction
Looks Good, hope you are having a good race season!

Rick G

More
28 Jun 2012 14:26 #21432 by AJBecker
Thanks, I've only done two races this season because of study commitments but for the first race I qualified first and finished second for the days racing and the second race which was two weeks ago at the SA Top Gear festival I qualified pole and won which was better than expected. Unfortunately it was an exhibition race and didn't count for any championship points so I'm almost last in the championship but I know I'm on the pace which is great. I'll race much more in the second half of the year but I don't have a chance at the championship.

More
01 Jul 2012 20:15 #21474 by AJBecker
Quick update, the 4th axis is in and working well. Wired the stepper wrong at first, had very neatly filed an incorrect wiring diagram :silly: and was then confused why it wouldnt jog until I checked the hal file and realised I'd left out the last line to count the encoder pulses but once I had stopped conspiring to mess myself around it was quite straightforward. I'll look at picking up another driver and rotary table later this week and add the 5th axis then I have to build a tilt table. Does anyone have a design they're willing to share? I have a design in mind which will give me 360* in the one plane and approximately 120* (+- 60*) in the other. Just to clarify, using the right hand rule is the A axis is 'around' the x axis, B 'around' y, C 'around' z right? (as per the expert illustration done on the world leading microsoft paint software :P) Last question, who is the right person to talk to if I want to help contribute to the documentation?
Attachments:

More
01 Jul 2012 22:40 #21476 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Quick Introduction
Your X and Y appear to be going the wrong way, X positive usually goes to the right and Y positive goes the back.

I'm your guy for the documents, what do you have in mind?

John

More
02 Jul 2012 21:04 #21505 by AJBecker
I wanted to add a bit to the section on jogging pendants and noticed a few places where the software is still referred to as emc, that was about as specific as my thinking had gone thus far. I'm a very fast reader and I'm good at proof reading so I thought since its a job most people don't enjoy I'd offer to help out. I'd just like to contribute to the effort since I'm benefiting from it.

W. R. T. the axis naming if we rotate my drawing 90° about the c-axis I think we'll get what you're talking about right?

More
03 Jul 2012 07:39 #21515 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:Quick Introduction
You might try loading the Linuxcnc 9 axis simulation configuration to see an example.

Also take a look here... www.cnczone.com/forums/plasma_edm_other_...y_z_orientation.html

Rick G

More
03 Jul 2012 09:04 #21518 by AJBecker
Thanks Rick I'll definitely check out the 9-axis sim

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds