mesa 7i76 configuring a spindle encoder

More
19 Mar 2016 12:38 #71893 by Clive S

That one.
Now set up the scale and connect according to the docs.
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/examples/spin...ml#_spindle_feedback
(Noting that you already have most of that configured for the Mesa counter)

Andy I am not to confident in adding that lot as I am using the mesa card I not so sure it is a cut and paste job.

If you have the time could you have a look at my HAL and INI files to see what goes where?

I have put a scope on the index and A connections on the 7i76 and it looks OK to me with the chuck running
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2016 07:06 #71962 by andypugh

Andy I am not to confident in adding that lot as I am using the mesa card I not so sure it is a cut and paste job.

If you have the time could you have a look at my HAL and INI files to see what goes where?

You are right, it isn't a cut and paste job.

But you only need to connect motion.spindle-revs, motion.spinde-speed and motion,spindle-index-enable to the corresponding Mesa card pins.
Unfortunately (for you) I am on a skiing holiday so can't really look at your files.

More
21 Mar 2016 08:55 #71966 by Clive S
Ok Andy have a good trip and thanks for the help so far. I have posted in the Driver section to see if Peter will come on board but I will let you know the results.

More
21 Mar 2016 09:23 - 21 Mar 2016 09:25 #71972 by cncbasher
your posting in multiple places , please keep to one , makes it easier to follow progress , and ultimately help
running the latest pncconf will also give you the correct pinouts , but by what i can see your ok . if you have a problem , i can take a closer look . after re- my comments on jumpers
Last edit: 21 Mar 2016 09:25 by cncbasher.

More
21 Mar 2016 09:28 #71973 by Clive S

your posting in multiple places , please keep to one , makes it easier to follow progress , and ultimately help
running the latest pncconf will also give you the correct pinouts , but by what i can see your ok . if you have a problem , i can take a closer look . after re- my comments on jumpers

Ok sorry I will keep it here (can you delete my other post) Thanks.

Yes the jumpers have been changed as (at this time) only using A and index.

More
21 Mar 2016 09:54 - 21 Mar 2016 09:55 #71978 by cncbasher
to update i require to know what linux distro your using i presume wheezy , but whch realtime rt-preempt ?
sent you a PM Clive

see buildbot.linuxcnc.org/
Last edit: 21 Mar 2016 09:55 by cncbasher.

More
21 Mar 2016 10:01 #71979 by Clive S

to update i require to know what linux distro your using i presume wheezy , but whch realtime rt-preempt ?
sent you a PM Clive

see buildbot.linuxcnc.org/

I installed from V2.7.4 iso How do I check which realtime rt-preempt ?

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds