Need help with setup config. Cant get mill to home

More
24 Jun 2016 18:31 #76587 by MAG45
that chaged the error to 'swith inactive before.....'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2016 18:47 #76588 by Todd Zuercher
Ok, then change it back and now try the debounce.

I think this hal file should work.

File Attachment:

File Name: mill-2.hal
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

More
24 Jun 2016 20:04 #76597 by MAG45
1 step closer, thanks

With youe Hal file it homed Z (1st in sequence) but Z stayed sitting on the home switch then when X tried to home it just over ran past the switch. When I backe Z off the switch and tried to home only X it started searching in the wrong direction,

More
24 Jun 2016 21:20 #76602 by Todd Zuercher
If an axis is on the wrong side of a home switch, Linuxcnc has no way to know that, and will always search for home in the same direction. So the operator always mus make sure that the axis is on the right side before starting a home sequence.

First you need to make sure that each axis jogs in the correct directions (Z+ goes up, X+ to the right, and Y+ away from front, assuming a moving head and not a moving table).
If those are right then it is simply changing the signs of the home velocities to get them going the right way.

To get your Z (or any of the others) to move off the home switch, you may need to adjust the home offset and or home position. in the ini file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MAG45

More
25 Jun 2016 02:47 #76628 by MAG45
Okay, i was thinking i was going to need to do that. Thanks for the hal file, I will work on the ini tomorrow and see if i can get her running.

More
25 Jun 2016 19:47 #76655 by MAG45
I got everything to home and moving the right directions. I tried to run a warmup program i still had on the thumbdrive and it wouldnt rue "exceeds limits" so i tried to edit it within Axis, but the editor wouldnt bring it up. Is there a known bug with the editor now, is there another program I can use to edit the .ngc?

More
25 Jun 2016 23:30 #76664 by BigJohnT
If your using Debian Sneezy then you need to install gedit or use the horrible mousepad...

In a terminal do the following to install gedit.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y gedit
sudo apt-get install -y gedit-plugins

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: MAG45

More
26 Jun 2016 01:52 #76666 by MAG45

If your using Debian Sneezy then you need to install gedit or use the horrible mousepad...

In a terminal do the following to install gedit.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get iinstall -y gedit-plugins

JT

Thank you, that worked!

More
26 Jun 2016 04:26 #76668 by MAG45
And on to the next problem :-( the "controller" will just randomly power everything down. Like i pressed F2, Can be moving along and click, off' When this happens I have to switch off and on my E-stop/ main power for Axis to allow me to power on (F2) again.

More
27 Jun 2016 10:00 #76697 by cncbasher
Kate is another good editior , imho better than gedit

check for any auto off functions or hard drive shutdown
it may be motor noise being picked up on your inputs for example , or any leads longer than needed etc , or even a bad connector

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds