How to setup a 4axis gantry plasma machine using gmoccapy?

More
16 Dec 2016 10:00 #84263 by rodw

Hi, rodw. My problem is not the rotary, now. It's the gantry squaring. That's why I asked for the JA setup.I think that swapping the axes may be a solution. But now I need to know how to configure Hal pins and INI file parameters.

Sorry, I have not built my table yet so can't help on that one. I will be following your journey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: emad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2016 01:26 #84300 by andypugh

I can't alter the HAL manually without a GUI.

I don't understand what you are saying here.
Can you try try re-phrasing it?

More
17 Dec 2016 08:38 #84313 by tommylight
I am on the phone so i can not help much, but i know there is a wiki on seting up 2 motors on the same axis, and if you study the ini file you can easily figure out how and what to change. So make a usual config for 4 axis, and edit the ini file to set the A axis as the second Y or X axis. This is for 2.8pre version.

More
17 Dec 2016 17:51 #84332 by emad
andypugh wrote: I don't understand what you are saying here.
Can you try try re-phrasing it?

I meant that I can't edit the HAL without the help of Stepconfig which does it for me. Because I had no idea about how Linuxcnc works.

More
17 Dec 2016 17:58 - 17 Dec 2016 18:02 #84333 by emad
I did it :d I can now move the machine with X Y Y Z B configuration.Thank you all for giving help. please, I need to know about the THC wiring and about the Gmoccapy plasma section also Hal pins. Please, don't expect me to rephrase my sentences because my native tongue is Arabic and I can hardly speak English.
Last edit: 17 Dec 2016 18:02 by emad.

More
17 Dec 2016 20:08 #84338 by rodw
This thread and the attached configuration files might help.

forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...other-plasma-install

Good luck with the rest of your build.

More
18 Dec 2016 22:14 #84376 by andypugh

Please, don't expect me to rephrase my sentences because my native tongue is Arabic

I am very aware that most of the people in the world do not speak English. But often a different combination of words can make the meaning more clear.

There are (often only partial) translations of the LinuxCNC documentation in French, and the software itself has a number of language choices:

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/master/src/po has entries for de, es, fi, fr, hu, it, ja, pl, pt, ru, ro, sk, sr, sv and Chinese.

If you fancy a project that would increase your understanding of the software, perhaps you would like to consider making an arabic translation file?

More
19 Dec 2016 01:49 #84389 by emad
Hi Andy. I have already tried to make an Arabic translation using Poedit but I can't find the technical words and acronyms in The Fus-ha ( Standard Arabic). That's bigger than me. I wish I could help. sorry.

More
19 Dec 2016 01:58 #84390 by emad
By the way, there is a typo in the main page linuxcnc.org/
Full source code available under under the terms of the GNU GPLv2 (General Public License version 2).
The word "under" is repeated.

More
19 Dec 2016 12:01 #84405 by andypugh

The word "under" is repeated.

Fixed, thanks.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds