Fail to homing

More
08 Feb 2018 16:38 #105585 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Fail to homing
I would never rely on the settings in the start up codes from the ini file. It is best practice to always have a proper preamble in your g-code files to put the machine in the proper state that you need for that file.

For the simple reason, once you've run a file, who knows what state the machine has been left in. The ini settings are only valid when Linuxcnc is first started, they are not recalled later.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2018 16:45 #105588 by Todd Zuercher

what should i do now?
new problem
a line is not initialized: RS274NGC_STARTUP_CODE = G17 G21 G40 G43H0 G54 G64P0.5 G80 G90 G94 G97 M5 M9.
I run the test program and saw that the code G64P0.5 does not work, but if you enter in the MDI then everything is fine/

And yet why is there no correct search at home?Always returns to the START point.

I don't understand what you mean by "search at home" or "returns to the start point". Could you explain what you are talking about?

Are you saying that the machine is still not homing correctly for you? Did you make the changes I suggested earlier to your ini file?

More
09 Feb 2018 01:34 - 09 Feb 2018 03:32 #105616 by Evgi
Replied by Evgi on topic Fail to homing

Are you saying that the machine is still not homing correctly for you? Did you make the changes I suggested earlier to your ini file?

Yes, I run your file, nothing has changed.

For exampe, after poweк on X=0=START_POINT.
pressing All home--> X moved to x=-200--> x-limit swtch true -->
X JUMP to X=START_POINT-HOME_OFFSET?--> x-limit switch true --> moved to
START_POINT--> finale home

why jumped? why always a move to START_POINT? where mistake?
Last edit: 09 Feb 2018 03:32 by Evgi.

More
09 Feb 2018 13:52 #105635 by Todd Zuercher

For exampe, after poweк on X=0=START_POINT.

Sounds normal, Linuxcnc calls what ever point the motors are located in zero at power up.

pressing All home--> X moved to x=-200--> x-limit swtch true -->

Sounds normal

X JUMP to X=START_POINT-HOME_OFFSET?--> x-limit switch true -->

Sounds normal, The whole point of homing in Linuxcnc is finding the point that should be called zero.
You have the point where the home/limit triggers set to have a value of -5mm (HOME_OFFSET =)

moved to START_POINT--> finale home

Sounds normal, after probing the home/limit switch, Linuxcnc will move to the point designated by HOME = which you have set as 0. so the joint will move to 5mm away from the home/limit switch.

If this isn't what is happening, are you sure you are starting Linuxcnc using the ini file and settings that you think you are?
If you manually edited and saved the ini file, then opened the config with PNCConfig, PNCConfig will over write any manual changes you made.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds