Is there a way to Flip X or Y

More
20 May 2018 23:19 - 20 May 2018 23:34 #110937 by BrendaEM
Ozzyrob, Thank you.

Andypugh, as far as my understanding, there are no "assemblies" in Rhino 3D. You just draw and model with abandon. If you discover that you have redundant parts, you can create "blocks" from them, and just insert instances.

The parts are not constrained as in Solidworks, unless you use the animation module, so I tend to group or block a lot of point objects in things, so they can be snapped together like Legos.

Many commands/tools use a recorded "history," so changing the parent object will also modify the result, but the history is no match a tree based thing, such as in Solid Works, or even FreeCad3D.

It takes some organization or even planning to make a single object with a series of booleans and assorted operations, though things like holes can just be dragged around on the surface, or deleted. Edges and vertexes can be moved around, unless you make a mess of things.

I feel that Rhino is quick for devising things, but modifying something like an engine block, would be quite an arduous affair. : )
Last edit: 20 May 2018 23:34 by BrendaEM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2018 19:02 #110967 by andypugh
Yes, I think that the part-to-part relationships and part-adaptiveness and history is what makes it hard to do very large assemblies.

That said, I think Inventor copes, so it isn't like Autodesk don't have the answers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds