XHC-HB04 Pendant, Solving Jerky Movement

More
30 Jun 2018 12:00 #113130 by BigJohnT

On a related note, in the above referenced thread I learned that it's possible to redirect HAL output to a file. I thought this would be very handy for troubleshooting and learning about a previously-configured system.
$ halcmd show > hal_info.txt

But this gives an error. LinuxCNC version 2.6.2 on this machine.

Well you don't say what the error is and the syntax is correct.

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2018 16:18 - 01 Jul 2018 22:13 #113175 by MaHa
I have this pendant, but use only for jog x y z a, the modified standalone configuration with lowpass filtering. This configuration is only for Step, MPG mode, Jog wheel and axis selection button.I have found in this Forum. But can't find it again.
I am affraid of all the buttons on this pendant, starting unwanted Actions by accidentally pressing a button. So I only jog for Setup purpose and flip from Manual to MDI mode.
I have a frontpanel with 7i73, it is used for feed, override, and spindle Speed control. Also run step pause. A conflict with the same function on the pendant will happen.

It's easy to Setup. The 2 files, xhc-hb04.hal and xhc-hb04-layout2.cfg must be in your config Directory.

.ini file entry:

[HAL]
HALFILE = xhc-hb04.hal

[APPLICATIONS]
APP = monitor-xhc-hb04
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Jul 2018 22:13 by MaHa. Reason: Incomplete, maybe confusing information

More
25 Jul 2018 16:44 #114814 by MaHa
Excuse me, I need to show this update for the xhc-hb04.hal file. If MAX_VELOCITY of the [AXIS_n] entry in the .ini file is to low, the machine may hit soft or hard endposition, when selecting large stepsize. In my case MAX_VELOCITY = 100 (6000mm/min) was not enough when stepsize 1000 was selected, and ilowpass adjusted for smooth movement. After stop turning the handwheel, the machine travelled for some distance. Not acceptable. I was not willing to increase max velocity, even I could go to 150.
Stepsize 1,10,100 works very smooth and stops within 1/10mm, the settings for ilowpass are fine.
Now limit1 take part in the game.
Just setp limit1.0.max 0.5 or whatever value fits for your machine. So its still possible for some faster jogging. When limit1 is operational, the scale is not correct in that case, but will always be less than selected.
Now i can select any stepsize, turn the encoderwheel at maximum speed, when stoping, the machine stop immediately.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds