Stepper motors and linear scale closed loop setup?

More
11 Oct 2018 15:00 #118669 by Hakan
Sure, I can do that.

File Attachment:

File Name: zx45_2018-10-11.ini
File Size:9 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: zx45_2018-10-11.hal
File Size:12 KB

These are the files I am running with right now.
I am still adjusting the P D parameters. Seems a bit sensitive to vibrations at hard rough cutting but works very nicely for fine cutting.

There is a rebuild of Y-axis, to remove backlash as far as possible, coming in a month or so.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: gantarone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2018 15:06 #118670 by gantarone

More
25 Oct 2018 13:26 - 25 Oct 2018 13:32 #119389 by gantarone
I wanted to say Thanks Hakan !!!! I made only a few changes and it works great !!!The backlash problem is solved!!!!!
now I have only a few problems one the feedrate that does not change .... but I think there is some mistake made by me that I will correct soon , other is pendant XHC-HB04 because is XHC-HB04-6 I think I'll have to recompile the driver ....

I lost some time to understand linuxcnc but I must say that it is the best system for me
Last edit: 25 Oct 2018 13:32 by gantarone.

More
26 Oct 2018 20:35 #119484 by Hakan
You know, the Political Correct answer is to fix the mechanical backlash :)
Having said that I must say I am quite happy with the performance of my milling machine now. Had to reduce the P parameter and have removed the D parameter. They caused interference when rough milling.

Thank you for sharing your findings. I hope you can find the feed issue. I can here run as fast as the machine can go, no restrictions that are caused by the scales and the feedback loop.

More
09 Dec 2018 08:42 #122097 by Hakan
Time to install the linear scale on the Z axis. I have come to rely totally on this configuration.

More
31 Dec 2018 11:30 #123196 by Hakan
Start of the job to fix the Y axis. It is a rather big job since the whole machine need to be brought down into pieces. Here, some new thoughts of the Y axis design and the making of new parts.

More
01 Jan 2019 11:58 #123261 by Hakan
Fitting the new Y axis mechanism.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
03 Jan 2019 17:44 #123417 by Hakan
A bit of reinforcement while it is disassembled.

More
03 Jan 2019 18:22 #123418 by OT-CNC
You have been a busy man with that project. Nice job and thanks for sharing.

I have never done the polymer concrete thing but may try it some time. Anything that you would recommend doing differently if you had to do it again?

More
11 Jan 2019 23:46 #123999 by Hakan
For the epoxy granite, there are two things. The first thing is to mix the gravel with sand and the next thing is not to run so aggressively with the sander. It wasn't very obvious, while I w<s sanding. that the sander did compact the gravel, but looking at the video I can for sure see that the amount of runny epoxy on top of the gravel increases. I would like like to compact the gravel for a longer time. Without causing leakage.

Another thing was mentioned in the comments and that is a modified screw connection for the column. I used the old tapped holes and it will for sure be stiffer. But I could have used longer screws. installed new nuts in the epoxygranite and that would probably give an even stronger connection for the base of the column.

Time to create page: 1.812 seconds