stepper motor skip stepping control

More
02 Sep 2018 15:47 #116979 by alex123
But as it is now, it forces you to work with a large resolution encoder and precision (for a screw with a 10mm pitch, which is difficult for some reasons.) If you do not allow the program to DRO an axis along the DRO, with low resolution and encoder accuracy (100-300 marks) control whether there is a local stall motor stall from the emergency overload of the machine.

"To use the 5ABOB_enc config I would just clone (copy/paste) your working axis hal file entries and change the encoder, stepgen, and PID numbers/names as desired "
So I would, and where to get the hal and ini for this firmware 5ABOB_enc in which to insert, because there is nothing to generate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2018 16:12 #116981 by PCW
Yes if you are using the encoder for control feedback you will need a relatively high resolution encoder, but you can use a low resolution encoder in conjunction with the "near" component to verify tracking but this will require a more complex hal file

I would suggest reading a bit about hal files and components

You dont need a specific 5Abob hal file, _any_ mesa step/dir hal file will work as a starting point for hand editing

More
02 Sep 2018 16:34 #116983 by alex123
"You dont need a specific 5Abob hal file, _any_ mesa step/dir hal file will work as a starting point for hand editing "

Yes, but for the firmware 5ABOB_enc, one of the ports completely encoder inputs and how linux will know where (on which pins) does it read the encoder of which axis? Where it is necessary to finish this?

More
02 Sep 2018 17:29 #116985 by PCW
LinuxCNC only knows its has N encoders available (0 through N-1)

LinuxCNC doesn't need to know what pins they are on to work properly (though you do of course)

To determine the pin-out of a specific firmware image, you can refer to the
corresponding .pin file if its available, or run mesaflash with the --readhmid option:

mesaflash --device 7i92 --readhmid

More
02 Sep 2018 18:03 #116987 by alex123
It is clear what is stored in the XML file with the name of the working machine, there is just a bunch of lines with pins, etc.
Do you really need to correct it?
about "near" прочитал, но мне до конца не ясен синтаксис и не получается его без ошибок запустить.
Надо на его входные пины подать
hm2_7i92.0.encoder.00.position
hm2_7i92.0.stepgen.00.position-fb
In addition, we need to fix the hal part, which works with an oracular encoder link.
I started to do it, it turned out that the configurator for 7i92 (generating the start hal) when connecting the encoder to any axis except the spindle immediately generates hal with errors and it is NOT WORKABLE

More
02 Sep 2018 18:13 #116988 by PCW
The XML file is only needs by pncconf, LinuxCNC uses hal and ini files

Since you have a very non-standard configuration I would abandon pncconf and xml files and just work by editing the ini /hal files

More
02 Sep 2018 19:54 #116991 by andypugh
I think that the problem might be that instead of correcting the reference to encoder-fb the relevant lines were simply commented-out

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds