Retrofitting a 1987 maho mh600c

More
30 Jan 2019 00:51 #125233 by Mccartymachine1
I was not sure where to get the velocity from or where to put that info.
My drive is an indramat 3trm2 and on the personality cards they are listed as 2000rpm@9.3v and 1500rpm@9v for x and y axis. Does that mean that is the max or just a number to calculate from? Can I set max at 10v? I did some math and calculated max speed based on leadscrew pitch, motor rpm, and drive belt. I am assuming that by machine velocity they mean max machine velocity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2019 23:23 #125565 by Mccartymachine1
I had a horrible experience today. I crashed the vertical axis into the upper stop. While testing in open loop after installing my new linear scale. Turns out that I put +10v in the analog min instead of -10v. The 5kw sevro went full speed as soon as I enabled the drive. It broke the endstop off and damaged the new scale. I couldn't turn it off fast enough. It also damaged the perfect condition vertical bellows. Luckily nothing is damaged beyond repair. And I now know the limiting clutch on the servo works. Does anyone know how to wire in the sensors that detect if the servo clutches slip? They are still on the machine but not connected.

More
03 Feb 2019 19:04 #125599 by Mccartymachine1
I am starting to connect my mpg today. I have the e-stop working, axis select switch working, and the increment scale switch working. I am trying to get the mpg itself working. It's connected to inputs 16 and 17. I cannot find the setting in pncconf to change to mode 3. I am using v2.7.14. Please help.

More
03 Feb 2019 22:04 #125613 by tommylight
I read about your experience last night but i had no idea what to say, except this : you really have to make sure you have everything ELSE set up properly before enabling the drives. There is a thread here that i wrote some time ago about tuning servo systems that has a lot of info about the procedure of wiring and testing things before going full on with the machine.
As for mode 3 on Mesa cards, that is as simple as replacing the first number in the "loadrt hm2_pci config...........sserial_port_0=3xxxxxxx"
Here is my latest usimg a 6i25 and a 7i77 set to servo and stepper mode (on the second 6i25 connector ):
loadrt hm2_pci config=" num_encoders=6 num_pwmgens=0 num_stepgens=4 sserial_port_0=3000xxxx"

More
03 Feb 2019 23:39 #125623 by Mccartymachine1
I have everything repaired from yesterday. Luckily no major damage. It was not an enjoyable experience. I had used open loop several times before to jog the axis while reassembling the mill and everything worked perfectly. Just forgot the - symbol.
I saw how to change to mode 3 in the hal but I am not done with pncconf and would like to do as much as possible in pncconf because I am not the greatest with Hal. I read that v2.7 and up you can change modes in pncconf and see the correct tabbs. Just can't find where to set it.

More
06 Feb 2019 21:16 #125873 by Mccartymachine1
Before disassembling.
Attachments:

More
06 Feb 2019 21:16 #125874 by Mccartymachine1
While rewiring.
Attachments:

More
06 Feb 2019 21:20 #125876 by Mccartymachine1
Attachments:

More
13 Feb 2019 01:40 #126321 by Mccartymachine1
I just got my universal table cleaned up and reassembled. Does anyone know how I can wire in the manual 4th axis encoder? I need help with both the wiring of the heidenhain rod 271 to the 7i77 and how to set it up without a servo output. Just using it as an angular dro.
Attachments:

More
13 Feb 2019 01:43 #126322 by Mccartymachine1
Rod 271 encoder on my mh600c.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds