Retrofitting a 1987 maho mh600c

More
13 Feb 2019 03:55 #126324 by J Green
The Heidenhain Rod 271 ( I think ) is 5v TTL Quadrature output. So should be easy to connect to the Mesa card.. Meaning you do not need a signal adapter board . I think the Rod 271 is good for measuring to 0.001° and also think it has a reference mark . Do know it is very expensive to replace ( E Bay prices ).
Some time ago I looked it up on the Heidenhain web site, you might check their web site for the ROD 271 wire pin-out.
Nice looking Maho , and the horizontal axis even has a quill . Is the spindle motor a variable speed type using a Indramat drive?
As I understand it - each linear axis scale has a reference mark at each end and then there are micro switches for end of travel that effect a servo drive halt if tripped and the last thing to slow down the train wreck is a bolt on steel block , If a axis has smacked the end of travel steel block there may be damage to the ball nut and also the screw . Hope you were lucky..
Thanks for posting your progress and the photos - keep it up .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2019 11:35 #126333 by Mccartymachine1
This one had the variable DC spindle motor but I replaced it with a three phase motor and a VFD as part of the single phase 240v conversion. Ballscrew and nut seem ok.

More
15 Feb 2019 23:25 #126590 by J Green
Maybe this can help
ROD 271 product.heidenhain.de/JPBC/image/HWP.EN/...53-93_rod_271(c).pdf

If it was me I would look at wire colours at the plug end and compare to the PDF .

The new linear scales you are using do they have end reference marks in the scale output ?

Hope this helps
Bob

More
17 Feb 2019 16:53 #126677 by Mccartymachine1
Thank you. Great info! Will check wire colors.
The new scales do not have end indexes but they have an index every 50mm (I think). The old Philips scales had no end indexes. The machine has two sets of microswitches at the end of each axis. One for limit and one for homing.

More
24 Feb 2019 05:27 #127032 by Mccartymachine1
Didn't look into the rod wiring yet.
I did however get my mpg working and all three axis working fairly well. Can't seem to tune out the over and undershooting at the beginning and end of moves. I got the constant speed ferror at about 0.0002" and the max ferror down to about 0.008"
Attachments:

More
24 Feb 2019 05:31 #127033 by Mccartymachine1
Attachments:

More
26 Feb 2019 21:06 #127189 by Mccartymachine1
Did all servo tuning again from scratch and got constant speed ferror down to about 0.0002" and max during acceleration and deceleration down to about 0.002". I'm not sure how much better I can expect to get. I think it will be fine for now. I will look into it again once I have the rest of the machine done. Anyone have any ideas for the dro function without a servo? What would I add to my Hal and ini to do something like that for the rotary table?

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds