Trouble receiving inputs over parallel port

More
06 Feb 2019 16:42 #125825 by F4br1c4t3D

Just throwing this in. The PP cable is a 25pin cable with all 25 pins connected have you verified that.?

Are there cables out there that don't have all 25 pins connected to their corresponding pins on the other side of the cable?

Yes there are.

Well I'll be damned!

Kinda hoping that this is my problem now, even though it's a very fundamental thing I should have checked!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 17:00 #125830 by F4br1c4t3D
Yeah I suppose i could salvage things by switching to in mode if it's not the paraport cable that's at fault. I only need 5 outputs strictly speaking It's my intention to run one port in this mode anyway as I'd like to get an nice operator control panel added to that machine with independent control over x and z with two mpg wheels as well as a coolant switch, cycle hold, start and stop.

My excuse for not checking the DB25 is that I'm from the "USB port generation" By the time I was old enough to own my own computer nobody was really using PPs anymore. I do remember the ports on my parents PC and I remember the days of MSDOS. About all I used it for though was launching games that wouldn't run under Windows 3.1 like Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle. Classics!

Now who's getting off topic! I'll check the cable when I get home from work, with any luck that'll be the issue!

More
07 Feb 2019 01:02 #125901 by F4br1c4t3D
Well. Only pins 1-8 are even connected so that'll definitely be a problem!

Fingers crossed a proper cable sorts it!

Cheers for all your suggestions guys!

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds