Another Newbie with PCIE parallel port problems

More
29 Mar 2019 07:41 #129887 by pl7i92
you are welcome
and plese if YOU can do it Write a
THEME

PCIE Cardname Success instull

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2019 14:22 #129898 by Todd Zuercher

So as recommended by this thread: forum.linuxcnc.org/49-basic-configuratio...ng-disabled?start=10

I bought the startech board. Already having more success. I was able to edit ptest.hal to the correct address on the board and jump pins 2 & 10 and see a response. Then also activate pin 2 on the screen and see voltage across pin 2 and ground. If I plug the cable into my BOB and hit pin 2 on the screen my stepper motor will try and turn.

After editing the .hal file for my newest stepconfig I still can't get my motor to turn but perhaps that's a problem for another thread or I can figure out on my own. I have a feeling I have a different newbie mistake going on there.

Thanks everyone

The first thing to check when your motor won't turn is; is the drive enabled. When you Linuxcnc is on and out of e-stop and the machine enabled (F1 & F2) is the step motors rotor locked or can you turn it by hand. If you can turn it by hand, then the drive is not enabled or not powered.

If the drive is enabled, then double check your motor wiring.

Make sure the step and dir signals are connected to the correct terminals, and that you are getting good signals at the drive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cmelojr

More
29 Mar 2019 14:25 #129899 by cmelojr

you are welcome
and plese if YOU can do it Write a
THEME

PCIE Cardname Success instull

Write a theme?

More
29 Mar 2019 14:26 #129900 by cmelojr

So as recommended by this thread: forum.linuxcnc.org/49-basic-configuratio...ng-disabled?start=10

I bought the startech board. Already having more success. I was able to edit ptest.hal to the correct address on the board and jump pins 2 & 10 and see a response. Then also activate pin 2 on the screen and see voltage across pin 2 and ground. If I plug the cable into my BOB and hit pin 2 on the screen my stepper motor will try and turn.

After editing the .hal file for my newest stepconfig I still can't get my motor to turn but perhaps that's a problem for another thread or I can figure out on my own. I have a feeling I have a different newbie mistake going on there.

Thanks everyone

The first thing to check when your motor won't turn is; is the drive enabled. When you Linuxcnc is on and out of e-stop and the machine enabled (F1 & F2) is the step motors rotor locked or can you turn it by hand. If you can turn it by hand, then the drive is not enabled or not powered.

If the drive is enabled, then double check your motor wiring.

Make sure the step and dir signals are connected to the correct terminals, and that you are getting good signals at the drive.

It was the wiring of the BOB to the driver. I had copied someone on a youtube video and it wasn't right. Looked at the chinese wiring diagram and wired it up that way. Inverted the signal and all is good now!

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds