Prevent spindle start if a certain tool is selected?

More
24 Oct 2020 04:46 #187065 by JetForMe
Is there any way to prevent the spindle from starting (via any possible mechanism like M3/M4 or clicking spindle start buttons in the UI) if a particular tool is selected (e.g. my Haimer probe)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2020 04:54 #187066 by Henk
If the probe is wired with the contact in a normally closed mode, you can use the probe signal to interlock the spindle enable.
This way, when the probe is plugged in, the spindle cannot start.

More
24 Oct 2020 05:55 #187068 by cmorley
there is even a HAL pin for it:

spindle.N.inhibit - (bit, in) When this bit is TRUE, the spindle speed is set to 0.

More
16 Dec 2020 19:32 - 16 Dec 2020 19:33 #192162 by The Feral Engineer
i'm actually trying to use spindle.0.inhibit right now in classicladder and the spindle is still coming on even with it set to true. I'm using a sim, though, so i'm not sure if that makes a difference.
Last edit: 16 Dec 2020 19:33 by The Feral Engineer.

More
16 Dec 2020 19:38 #192164 by The Feral Engineer
okay, i see it now. when i use halconfig to check out my spindle.0.on, with the inhibit circuit, it doesn't turn on.

More
16 Dec 2020 19:51 - 16 Dec 2020 20:19 #192171 by alkabal

there is even a HAL pin for it:

spindle.N.inhibit - (bit, in) When this bit is TRUE, the spindle speed is set to 0.

Hi

I actually facing the same things i like to make spindle impossible to rotate if touch probe NPN NC is dected as connected, i have also think about using toolnumber or using both.

For now i dislike the spindle.N.inhibit because they work like a pause so spindle M3 M4 are not canceled.

Beter imo to cancel operation than only lock.

I Have for now do nothing for this but i use a similar scenario from my toolchanger using this signal but i did not remenber if this stop only gcode execution or also the spindle.

net tool-program-abort toolchanger.program-abort => halui.abort
Last edit: 16 Dec 2020 20:19 by alkabal.

More
16 Dec 2020 20:22 #192177 by tommylight

i'm actually trying to use spindle.0.inhibit right now in classicladder and the spindle is still coming on even with it set to true. I'm using a sim, though, so i'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I do not think the clasicladder is the way of doing this, hal is better in my opinion.
Spindle has another pin that should be possible to use
spindle-on
and
motion.spindle-on
Pulling that down should disable spindle.

More
16 Dec 2020 20:26 - 16 Dec 2020 20:42 #192180 by alkabal
Well i think about using a logic like this

if Probe.input = 1 and (spindle.0.on or spindle.0.orient or Tool =1)
Then toggle halui.abort and display warning to user
Last edit: 16 Dec 2020 20:42 by alkabal.

More
16 Dec 2020 20:28 - 16 Dec 2020 20:30 #192182 by alkabal

I do not think the clasicladder is the way of doing this, hal is better in my opinion.
Spindle has another pin that should be possible to use
spindle-on
and
motion.spindle-on
Pulling that down should disable spindle.

Well i think this is a possible dangerous way to do this using only bypass for spindle-on because if you now remove the probe the spindle start directly

motion.spindle-on is imo not the best option, for me the best is use halui.abort : machine stay on and ready for next things vs machine is like closed. (and if you try to send message to user after motion.spindle-on altering to 0 this not possible.
Last edit: 16 Dec 2020 20:30 by alkabal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
16 Dec 2020 20:41 #192186 by tommylight

Well i think this is a possible dangerous way to do this using only bypass for spindle-on because if you now remove the probe the spindle start directly

I have to agree, that does not sound good.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds