XHC WHB04b-6 - Disconnects / freezes?

More
08 May 2022 20:24 #242321 by GuiHue
Hi everyone,

wanting more buttons than my current hardwired pendant, I opted to go with the popular xhc whb04b-6. After some work with the documentation I have managed to get it to work in a satisfactory way, or so I thought.

Upon start-up of linxucnc, all major functions work. Note, that while I have connected all elements of halui-program connected, I have not connected halui.machine.on and halui.machine.off, as I don't want to use the pendant to turn the machine on or off. To the best of my knowledge, everything else is connected.
Jogging works, all buttons work. 

Things get strange after some time and the following occurs:
- whb.pendant.is-connected remains true
- No buttons react
- jogging doesn't work
- Display on the pendant is not responsive any more (does not update, I think the selected axis remains highlighted and changes)

When does it happen:
Difficult to say, sometimes after a macro has been executed (e.g. probe-z macro using the wireless probe), sometimes after a program has been excecuted. It feels like It is stuck in the wrong mode, but I don't know how to work that one out.

I am using linuxcnc 2.8.2 with the build in driver, Wifi is active, I also use a wireless probe that communicates at 2425/2450/2475/2480 MHz. Changing the frequency had no effect. It is my understanding that whb04b uses 433MHz. I would not expect problems here.
Pendant config here (github):
github.com/GuiHue/kondor/blob/main/hallib/pendant_whb.hal
Entire config here: github.com/GuiHue/kondor/

Do you guys have any ideas? Thanks...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2022 14:26 #242380 by dannym
I do know if the probe cycle fails or another prob occurs, the UI goes into the MDI tab, and whb04 won't work while the MDI tab is active. But I'd expect you'd notice that it's on the MDI tab

More
09 May 2022 14:33 #242381 by GuiHue
Hi,

I know of general tab related issues. If memory serves correctly, this largely affects jogging. Changing the tabs doesn't do anything.

Other buttons, such as reset, don't do anything either (in my case this button is mapped to trigger estop via a toggle).

More
10 May 2022 07:43 #242466 by GuiHue
Latest update:
I reinstalled deb10 and 2.8.2 from the buildbot. Currently, it seems to work... dunno why..

More
31 Mar 2024 16:40 #297293 by Halbear
Sorry to bump an old thread, but this has been plaguing me pretty badly. I did look at everything I could find on this forum and the one workaround (booting computer and homing before turning on pendant) seemed to briefly offer a little hope til it didn't again.

I checked lsusb in terminal and it shows that the pendant's USB connection might be being briefly dropped, and when it comes in again nothing on the pendant works until the gui is restarted. There seems to be a correlation with the endings of programs or the stop button the pendant being pressed, but I haven't tested for that specifically.

Has anyone figured this out the last couple of years? 

Thanks,

Hal

More
01 Apr 2024 16:32 #297384 by jefsaro
Hello i have the same problem, before i have old model and never problem, from new it s a big problem.
Regards

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds