hm2: Firmware contains unknown function (gtag-45)

More
07 Jun 2022 18:06 #244730 by Gruntled Raptor
not 100% this is the right place for help with this issue: having trouble with my config when launching linuxCNC

i have installed and used mesact_0.6.1_amd64.deb, i have created a test configuration for my 7I96S (proto) using a single axis for testing purposes mostly with default options: it builds fine, flashes fine and verifies all fine however when launching i am met with following error:

hm2: Firmware contains unknown function (gtag-45)
./plasma_test_02.hal:18: parameter or pin 'hm2_7i96s.0.watchdog.timeout_ns' not found

i did not find any real info searching around so if anyone posses any insight i would be most grateful. note this is my first fray into mesa cards and linux/linux CNC so it is compleatly possible i have missed/asked something very basic.

thank you for any help offered.

i have attached the report if additional details are needed.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2022 18:40 #244732 by PCW
The 7I96S requires the use of LinuxCNC master (2.9)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gruntled Raptor

More
07 Jun 2022 20:37 #244737 by Gruntled Raptor
thank you for your fast reply; that solved the issue, although now when i attempt to build with mesact_0.6.1 i now get:

PROGRAM ERROR
A Program Error Occurred in checkconfig.py line 96
string index out of range

this is when using the config that had previously worked fine. i think ill need to look at this with fresh eyes in the morning but if you have any idea what presumably basic error i have made here please let me know.

More
08 Jun 2022 03:19 #244748 by PCW
Maybe a Python issue since LinuxCNC 2.8 uses Python 2.X and
LinuxCNC master use Python 3.X

You should be able to use the previously created hal/ini files and not
need to run the configurator again

More
08 Jun 2022 10:45 - 08 Jun 2022 13:08 #244758 by Gruntled Raptor
Well after giving everything a restart it all seems to be working fine this morning, no issues can: build fine.

Edit: it turns out this specific error response here was caused by my assigning two joints the same axis (which was my optimistic way of trying to configure an axis with dual motor setup)

Had my x-axis moving along a treat, although I can't seem to set my speed beyond 100mm/s within MesaCT. I'm sure 6000mm/min is fine for my top cutting speed, but I had achieved 10000mm/min on my bench test, which might be nice for rapid moves.

Either way, I now have my work cut out for me as now need to add the remaining Z and YY axis, figure out how to make sure each Y stepper stays in parallel, figure out how to hook up the THCAD5 and add the torch control.
Last edit: 08 Jun 2022 13:08 by Gruntled Raptor.

More
10 Jun 2022 11:52 #244862 by andypugh

Edit: it turns out this specific error response here was caused by my assigning two joints the same axis (which was my optimistic way of trying to configure an axis with dual motor setup)

That isn't a problem, as long as you do it the right way. 

Assuming that you are using trivkins, then you set that with the coordinates= option:

linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/trivkins.9.html

(Not the best laid-out of docs) 

Also a bit terse is:
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/config/ini-...tml#sub:ini:sec:kins

Maybe the clearest way to get the right syntax is the gantry sample config:

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...y/gantry_jjog.ini#L4

More
10 Jun 2022 12:09 #244866 by Gruntled Raptor
Thank you for the reply, this was just the error I received after using mesaCT output without modifying to suit my set-up. Consequently, I do now understand ill need to get my hands dirty and have set up a thread where I'm hoping people can specifically help with setting it up on the 7I96S

forum.linuxcnc.org/49-basic-configuratio...n-7i96s-using-mesact

The links you provided look like a great starting place, so ill give them a read through now and hopefully ill be equipped to solve my problem afterwards.

More
22 Jun 2022 13:34 #245594 by TriCnC2022
Hi. I am having the same issue with the watch dog thingy. Sorry I’m new to linuxcnc. I am using buster 10 with master 2.9. Mesa 7i96s board. I will search for more solutions, in the mean time if anyone knows. Please help. Thanks in advance. 

More
22 Jun 2022 16:29 #245605 by PCW
Do you have the latest master? (you need 2.9 after Feb 2022 for 7I96S support)

More
23 Jun 2022 00:27 #245631 by TriCnC2022
I’m not sure what the latest month is but it’s master 2.9 , I’d thought that if you input  master in the Respiratory, it automatic down load the latest one. I’d just updated yesterday. 

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds