Can't seem to fit the iso onto a cd

More
30 Mar 2014 17:06 #45409 by steveharr
They are 700Mb ones, maybe I'll just have to buy some others and see if that solves it. I have re-downloaded it and check MD5 Sum all good again, but the image still didn't burn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2014 17:28 #45410 by ArcEye
I see you are in Oxford, you can send me the postage and I will mail you one.

Sending you a PM

More
31 Mar 2014 05:39 #45435 by andypugh

I see you are in Oxford, you can send me the postage and I will mail you one.

I hadn't noticed that.

I think I have seen some other projects that offer to send a CD, with a list of local contacts. Perhaps we should consider that option.
Whether you try to set up something via Amazon, Paypal, whatever, or just absorb the less than £1 cost would need to be decided.

More
31 Mar 2014 15:58 - 01 Apr 2014 03:19 #45453 by ArcEye

I think I have seen some other projects that offer to send a CD, with a list of local contacts. Perhaps we should consider that option.
Whether you try to set up something via Amazon, Paypal, whatever, or just absorb the less than £1 cost would need to be decided.

A lot of projects used to have a facility for supplying CDs, but I think that was before burners became ubiquitous and everyone could make their own.
The contacts idea might be worth considering, a geographically not to distant first port of call for getting past the teething problems that hit everyone starting out

This CD issue does not actually happen very often and is always operator / equipment error in some form when eventually resolved.

The trouble with something like paypal, is that whatever you call the account, they will want a person, their bank account and credit card behind it.
There is no Linuxcnc financial entity as far as I am aware?
The logistics for setting something up to do that , plus the inherent risks of exposing it on the net, probably greatly outweigh any use. May have to just support it ad hoc as now.

regards
Last edit: 01 Apr 2014 03:19 by ArcEye.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds