What Rtai Kernel needed?

More
26 Oct 2015 20:37 #64292 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic What Rtai Kernel needed?

When you start Debian Wheezy it does not ask for your password first. It asks for your user name first then your password. Another annoying feature of backwards progress.

And the prompt for the username is "login:" rather than "userrname" which doesn't help at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2015 23:10 #64307 by eFalegname
Replied by eFalegname on topic What Rtai Kernel needed?
Debian is not user friendly, I installed LinuxCNC 2.7 in Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE 2) and I must say that the whole process of installation (including the kernel) went smoothly but I have not tried to start the Router from this PC.
What do you think, it would be a viable option?

More
26 Oct 2015 23:17 #64308 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic What Rtai Kernel needed?
the only difference in in the gui the underlying code base is debian , so it should all work
the joys of using linux .

More
28 Oct 2015 04:55 - 28 Oct 2015 04:56 #64373 by ebe2305
Replied by ebe2305 on topic What Rtai Kernel needed?
Hi,

Regarding the issue with the wrong password. I got the same issue and figured out there went something wrong with the keybord layout.
During installation i have choosen everything in german. Otherwise you cannot choose your country. Means "installing in english doesn't offer Germany for country". After installation when you are at the x11 login screen keybord layout was not german, otherwise than selected. Verified that by typing my pwd for username. Switching to terminal Strg+Alt+F1....F6 and login on was ok, there the keyboard was ok.
Summa sumarum....keybord layout was ok at terminal and not ok at x11.

Just for your information....

Volker
Last edit: 28 Oct 2015 04:56 by ebe2305. Reason: errors

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds