Choosing which Linuxcnc software to install for Ethernet Mesa card

More
28 Apr 2020 10:48 #165953 by tommylight
Is that Debian Stretch or Wheezy?
It looks like Stretch from the wallpaper, so everything if fine there.
You also need to update the repositories, then upgrade Linuxcnc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2020 11:15 #165955 by raychar
it is Debian Stretch........ Linuxcnc-uspace is updated to newest version (1:2.8.0~prel.7814.gb3fa2975f). ..By the way, I update backward to 2,7 rtpreempt amd64 package. Not work!

More
28 Apr 2020 11:21 #165956 by BeagleBrainz
Might be best if you put up your ini & hal files as that seems to be where the issue is.

More
28 Apr 2020 11:38 #165960 by raychar
Not yet created any these files on my own, don't know where they can be found? maybe i need to clean install previous version Linuxcnc again and don't go to V2.8 updating...

More
28 Apr 2020 11:41 #165962 by tommylight
Menu>cnc>pncconf
There you create a config for your machine and save it, do not forget to click on create desktop shortcut.

More
28 Apr 2020 11:52 #165963 by raychar
I think it is a long way for an inexperienced Linux but an experienced Mach3 guy to go all over the learning curve to realize and utilize all features and functions of Linuxcnc...

More
28 Apr 2020 11:57 #165965 by tommylight

More
29 Apr 2020 09:36 #166062 by rodw

I think it is a long way for an inexperienced Linux but an experienced Mach3 guy to go all over the learning curve to realize and utilize all features and functions of Linuxcnc...

Nah you can do it. We've all been there. There are two seperate issues we try and make as simple as possible. That is install a new OS can also install and learn how to use a new CNC environment.

I think also there are a number of installations here on the forum but the only single point of truth is the Linuxcnc web site, the ISOs and the official documents.

The other thing I have found is that win32diskimager is the most reliable tooll to burn an iso to a USB disk.

So if you are not confident with where you are, right now, go back to the beginning. I lost count how many times I did that first tiem around. go to the downloads page, follow to Stretch and burn this ISO to a USB stick
linuxcnc-stretch-uspace-amd64.iso
It should install OK. I've not used your Chipset but I have several J1850's

Stay with 2.7 for a while and get your head around the menus and run some sims. So then duck over to the buildbot and follow the instructions to upgrade to 2.8. They do work!

You really only need to upgrade to 2.8 if you have a gantry machine, so maybe its not urgent yet.

More
29 Apr 2020 09:37 #166063 by rodw

More
02 May 2020 14:54 #166412 by raychar
Yes, for my new built machine, it is not a two motors on gantry type.. BTW,..want to ask what is the differences between the Debian 10.3 Buster and Mint 19.1 . Which one is suitable for me? Knowing that they are unofficial yet.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds