scorbot-er-3

More
07 Oct 2024 19:35 #311520 by robocidalmaniac
Replied by robocidalmaniac on topic scorbot-er-3
Yes it has homing switches please see attached photo.
I will try what you suggested and let you know.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2024 19:47 #311670 by robocidalmaniac
Replied by robocidalmaniac on topic scorbot-er-3
Thank you everyone I now have it working, and am in the process of adding a Logitech dual action F310 controller as a pendant.
 The Scorbot-ER_3 limit switches needed readjusting using MOTOR TEST, on the Eshed Robotic control box with the Arm repositioned close to home.
For anyone trying this here is what was done:
Slammed the Dell Optiplex 9010 with ALL accessories attached and turned on with NO internet. Launched LinuxCNC and selected other machines Scorbot-ER-3 adding an icon to desktop.
In LinuxCNC Terminal typed:
"sudo nano /usr/bin/scorbot-er-3"
changed
"/usr/bin/scorbot-er-3", line 40 from this:
serial.write(data)
to:
serial.write(data.encode())
and saved
Next in terminal typed:
halrun
loadusr -W hal_input -KRAL Dual
loadusr halmeter
tested the Dual Action F310 controller 
Then typed:
Quit
Exit
Opened LinuxCNC Scorbot-ER-3 icon and in the "Machine" tab selected input "0" and typed in "loadusr -W hal_input -KRAL Dual" then execute. Closed tap and reopened and tested the Logitech dual action F310 controller Pendant input signals.
Had to readjust the limit switches on the bot again for homing.
.  Next is calibration and editing the Scorbot-ER_3 hal to use the Logitech dual action F310 controller as a pendant.
It does run the supplied "LINUXCNC" example but very tiny letters. Also there is a gripper slide in the main LinuxCNC screen in the upper right corner that works using the mouse, not sure how to add to the G-Code yet or the Logitech Pendant which does not have Analog output. I tried to attach a video but was unable.
Again thanks for all of the help
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds