In using ECR60+NPN(GPIO), I encountered an issue.

More
26 Nov 2023 20:49 #286579 by rodw
When I look at the modified code, that code has been commented out and the following error limits have been set to a massive number.
I'm not sure this makes sense..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2023 21:31 #286583 by Hakan
The current github cia402 comp code doesn't do like that either, it reports the actual-position as far as I can tell.
Increasing the following error limit makes sense. The drive moves freely and reports its position while homing.
That will cause a following error, it makes sense to temporarily increase those limits while homing.
The cia402.n.stat_homing pin can be used for that it seems like.

More
26 Nov 2023 23:56 #286593 by rodw
Dominics CIA402 component in GIT does not work with the drives that have limit switches connected. He assured me it worked on his hardware but I think it may have homed to index or something.

I will try to write a homecomp one day.

More
27 Nov 2023 00:09 #286594 by Hakan
What is the advantage of using internal homing? I struggle to see why one want to do that with linuxcnc. 

More
27 Nov 2023 01:03 #286596 by rodw
well it should be more accurate than Linuxcnc becasue of our coarse 1 ms servo thread. Other than that, it will make  a much tidier install.
Imagine a large gantry machine using 220v servos with the drives mounted beside the motors. All you would need to do is route the AC around the table (with appropriate fit for purpose cabling) and add the ethernet cables.

More
27 Nov 2023 02:17 #286598 by MakerYang
I viewed the relevant data using this method, and it appears to be normal. I didn't record a video, but I took a few photos during the zeroing process.

In fact, the zeroing operation didn't produce any relevant errors, and it met expectations. The only issue is that it cannot reflect the current tool position information in real-time on the visualization interface. The 'actual_position' data retrieved from Python remains unchanged, while only the data for 'joint,' 'joint_actual_position,' and 'joint_position' show variations.

I use the following formula in the visualization interface to display and align the tool's position: 
axis_tmp = copy.copy(self.father.framework.machine.info["axis"])
g_offset_tmp = copy.copy(self.father.framework.machine.info["actual_position"])
g5x_offset_tmp = copy.copy(self.father.framework.machine.info["g5x_offset"])
g92_offset_tmp = copy.copy(self.father.framework.machine.info["g92_offset"])
dtg_offset_tmp = copy.copy(self.father.framework.machine.info["dtg"])
for i in range(0, len(user_data["axes"])):
    actual_position = self.father.framework.machine.info["actual_position"]
    axis_name = user_data["axes"][i]
    axis_num = self.father.framework.machine.get_axis_num(axis_name)
    axis = actual_position[axis_num] - g5x_offset_tmp[axis_num] - self.father.framework.machine.info["tool_offset"][axis_num]
    axis -= g92_offset_tmp[axis_num]
    axis = "{:.3f}".format(axis)
    user_data["data"]["position"][i] = axis

This section of the program can provide relevant information and real-time position feedback during normal jogging control and machining operations. The only time it doesn't show any data changes is during the zeroing process.​​​​​​​
Attachments:

More
27 Nov 2023 04:20 #286603 by MakerYang
I have reconfigured the program as mentioned above. My approach is that if the current axis is in a homing state, I will retrieve relevant data from 'joint_actual_position' for calculations to update the data in the visualization interface as well as the tool position. Otherwise, I will continue to obtain data from 'actual_position'.
axis_tmp = copy.copy(self.father.framework.machine.info["axis"])
g_offset_tmp = copy.copy(self.father.framework.machine.info["actual_position"])
g5x_offset_tmp = copy.copy(self.father.framework.machine.info["g5x_offset"])
g92_offset_tmp = copy.copy(self.father.framework.machine.info["g92_offset"])
dtg_offset_tmp = copy.copy(self.father.framework.machine.info["dtg"])
for i in range(0, len(user_data["axes"])):
    actual_position = self.father.framework.machine.info["actual_position"]
    axis_name = user_data["axes"][i]
    axis_num = self.father.framework.machine.get_axis_num(axis_name)
    axis = actual_position[axis_num] - g5x_offset_tmp[axis_num] - self.father.framework.machine.info["tool_offset"][axis_num]
    if self.father.framework.machine.info["joint"][axis_num]["homing"] == 1:
        axis = self.father.framework.machine.info["joint_actual_position"][axis_num] - g5x_offset_tmp[axis_num] - self.father.framework.machine.info["tool_offset"][axis_num]
    axis -= g92_offset_tmp[axis_num]
    axis = "{:.3f}".format(axis)
    user_data["data"]["position"][i] = axis

While this approach meets my requirements, after restarting LinuxCNC, the values of 'joint_actual_position' may become quite large. However, this zeroing issue can be resolved using the following method.
def override_limits(self):
    self.set_mode(linuxcnc.MODE_MANUAL, 0.5)
    self.api.override_limits()
    self.api.wait_complete(0.5)

Because I haven't been using LinuxCNC for long, my knowledge and understanding of LinuxCNC are relatively limited. I'm not sure if the approach I've taken to address this issue is reasonable.

More
28 Nov 2023 06:31 #286662 by MakerYang
I'm not sure if the approach I've taken to address this issue is reasonable.

More
28 Nov 2023 10:21 #286680 by MakerYang
I have updated my approach in this discussion, and I am not quite sure if my method is correct.

I hope to get your help.

More
28 Nov 2023 11:30 - 28 Nov 2023 11:31 #286696 by rodw
I don't really understand why you are using Python or where you are putting it for homing when its a real time process.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2023 11:31 by rodw.

Time to create page: 0.730 seconds