Amplifier Fault ECT60 Closed Loop

More
25 Aug 2024 02:53 #308572 by rodw
I can't work this issue out.
I'm building a simple testbed for CIA402 homing that has two joints. Both are using an Rtelligent ECT60 drive. One is closed Loop, (rtelligent NEMA23 stepper) the other is Open loop NEMA23 (Sanyo Denki stepper)
Both joints work perfectly in open loop mode but if I set the Rtelligent to be closed loop, I get  a little bit of movement then it stops with an amplifier fault.
It does not matter if I use a generic driver, the ECT60 driver or the basic_cia402 driver. Behavior is the same.

It would be great if you could review my attached config and provide any feedback.

File Attachment:

File Name: ect60.hal
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: ethercat-conf.xml
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: ect60.ini
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2024 12:03 #308593 by tommylight
Closed loop in LinuxCNC must be tuned in LinuxCNC, for stepper systems mainly just the P and FF1 values.
For P as high as it can go without vibrations at standstill, then just back a bit to be on the safe side.
For FF1 there is a corelation that i can not recall and can not check as i am on the phone, but try some rough values like 0.4 or 0.5 or 0.6 and see how it works then some finer value changes after you get it to jog, untill you can jog at full speed without error.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
25 Aug 2024 13:15 #308595 by besriworld
What error is the driver showing?

More
25 Aug 2024 13:48 #308599 by tommylight
Hmmmm... is the loop being closed in the drive or LinuxCNC?
If in the drive, first thing to check is the encoder wiring (if it is not factory sealed), then change motor wires to change the direction.

More
25 Aug 2024 17:47 #308618 by besriworld
"MAX_ACCELERATION = 5000 "

try with less acceleration ...

More
26 Aug 2024 08:12 #308677 by TheRoslyak
Strange. I have this kind of drive, and I didn't have any problems with it, although I didn't run it for long. Actually, when you buy it, it's initially sold as either closed-loop or open-loop, and the seller asked me about it when I purchased it. Well, I immediately chose the closed-loop one.

More
26 Aug 2024 08:22 #308679 by TheRoslyak
Well, and I wrote the XML manually.

More
26 Aug 2024 10:49 #308689 by rodw

Strange. I have this kind of drive, and I didn't have any problems with it, although I didn't run it for long. Actually, when you buy it, it's initially sold as either closed-loop or open-loop, and the seller asked me about it when I purchased it. Well, I immediately chose the closed-loop one.

Yes I have its big brother ECT86 running perfectly. I am sure I had this running  in testing with no load but lost the config. I think my manual XML has been used by most people on these drives. Pretty sure its found its way into ScottLairds linuxcnc-ethercat driver too.

@besriworld, I was hoping you had nailed it, but not to be. Being a plasma guy, I forget about inertia! I  tried disconnecting the drive and see if it runs with no load  but its no better.
The fault is "Joint 1 amplifier fault"

@tommy, this ethercat drive looks after the encoder connection. I can see the DRO moving when I twist the shaft so its OK. It has automatic tuning by default and the motor and drive are a matched pair. It can be set manually, but I don't think I need to go there.

Thanks everyone for their ideas. I am still none the wiser. From memory, there is an internal error register I might publish a pin for and review.

More
26 Aug 2024 14:00 #308704 by besriworld
Now I saw the device.
My idea was if there will be an error if the speed/acceleration is low.

More
26 Aug 2024 16:22 - 26 Aug 2024 16:32 #308716 by TheRoslyak
Again, please clarify which drive you ended up taking. Because a closed-loop drive is sold by the seller at a slightly higher price. This is probably due to the low-level firmware. They might have sent you a cheaper version.

www.rtelligentglobal.com/uploads/Rtellig...ies-User-Manual1.pdf
Last edit: 26 Aug 2024 16:32 by TheRoslyak.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds