Ethercath 1.6 workable or not?

More
05 Sep 2024 11:09 #309400 by bkt
Repo send to me continuos messages about upgrade to ethercat 1.6 ... but is workable or not? AN in witch SO?

thaks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2024 13:31 #309406 by onceloved
Yes, I have used 1.6 for a long time.

More
09 Sep 2024 18:53 #309772 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic Ethercath 1.6 workable or not?
and in witch SO?

More
09 Sep 2024 20:54 #309786 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Ethercath 1.6 workable or not?
Try this script. I did ask the mods to sticky it
forum.linuxcnc.org/ethercat/53785-instal...thercat-repositories
you might need to run sudo apt update afterwards as an existing ethercat user
Please post on that thread if it works for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
13 Sep 2024 10:08 #310058 by bkt
read inside .... well done and work for sure .... but is not mine problem now. Discover my LMDE6 install have some bug regards gcc version .... think I write somethings about in few hour .... so I made a new and conventional installation of Lcnc 2.9.0 with ethercat .... I have again problem with r8169 .... but become discover gcc problem become from 6.6 kernel, I go directly on 6.10 kernel .... just now installing see module not "generic" is skipped and not installed from linuxcnc-ethercat repo ..... so ask you if there is a method to install it whitout reinstall ethercat from git etherlab .....

If need to install again ethercat from etherlab git .... ask to you if is needed remove linuxcnc-ethercat .... aor need to reinstall it after installation process of etherlab 1.6.

More
14 Sep 2024 21:50 #310168 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Ethercath 1.6 workable or not?
the reinstall might overwrite your ethercat conf file.
I don't think the linuxcnc hal driver will be affected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
16 Sep 2024 15:23 #310264 by bkt
after these ... discover just now most of my problem of these days become from "locale" bookworm setting .... I discover inside bokworm a patch named locale.gen that produce locale.alias in etc folder (all these 2 files) ... these for UTF-8 encoding compatibility .... not understand why but seems these causes a lot of problem with certain application .... because not able to transmit to all app the right encoding name. Some app not detect the right one and choose stadandard one of bokworm that seems to be "ANSI_x3.4-1968" ..... perhaps linuxcnc seems not  interested from these problem and discover too that linuxcnc deb package actually not use latex and no need it.
  1. so not need to puge linuxcnc-ethercat?
  2. Is for encoding problem that linuxcnc-ethercat not install all modules driver? .... Can I have the same issue installing Ethercat from repo 1.6 etherlab??

I waste 4 days for these "linguistic" problem ..... no need waste more ....

those of Debian are extremely meticulous with open source licenses .... too mutch perhaps ....

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds