Rounded corners and "rounded down".

More
23 Feb 2016 14:59 #70514 by aparecido
Hello, I posted a little while a topic about a problem he was having with latency and it was resolved, now I have another problem, to simulate the operation of the G code sample that opens with the LinuxCNC, it happens what is in the picture below, the tool moves before reaching the surface of the material to be milled, the corners are rounded, begotten g pci'se code is the same 'problem', I changed the speed of the shaft and does not solve.
  Detail I am simulating the code in the program did not call the machine because I want to let all of software and ready configuration to avoid problems.
  Has some setting or option should I enable / disable to change this?
  Thank you.

File Attachment:

photoupload

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2016 15:14 #70519 by BigJohnT
Depending on the update frequency of the monitor is how accurate the tool path is represented in the back plot.
And: linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/user/user-con...#_trajectory_control

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: aparecido

More
23 Feb 2016 15:42 #70524 by aparecido
So I tested now tried with G64 P0.0125 code and it did not work, I tested with F1500 G61 code and also did not work, the simulation also takes place as the image above. Researching the topic, I read that in the Mach3 has an option that changes the rounding of the corners (if I did not wrong), in LinuxCNC / EMC2 does not have an equal option? Thank you.

More
23 Feb 2016 22:58 - 23 Feb 2016 23:03 #70540 by BigJohnT
G61 is exact path mode, if your monitor is slow it may not update well. Try a real slow speed with G61. I ran the splash screen on my computer and get perfect square corners right out of the box. Did you run the latency test?

JT
Last edit: 23 Feb 2016 23:03 by BigJohnT.

More
24 Feb 2016 01:55 - 24 Feb 2016 02:44 #70548 by aparecido
Hi, so I downloaded the movement speed, literally almost stopped and the same thing happened. The latency you test was less than 17,000 with various things open, including mp3, videos, programs etc.
Can post example of how to use the G61 and the G64 command to identical test your test? Thank you.
Last edit: 24 Feb 2016 02:44 by aparecido.

More
24 Feb 2016 07:18 #70559 by Rick G
Something like this...
%
G17 (xy plane)
G20 (inches)
G40 (cancel cutter radius compensation)
G49 (cancel tool length offset)
G90 (absolute distance mode)
G94 (units/min feed rate)

G64 P.001 Q.001 (set path tolerance)

F10
G0 XOYO
G1 X5
G1 Y5
G1 X0
G1 Y0

%

When you are in MDI mode the active g codes will be listed on the lower left of the screen.

Rick G
The following user(s) said Thank You: aparecido, Sadmeatball

More
24 Feb 2016 12:24 #70566 by BigJohnT

Hi, so I downloaded the movement speed, literally almost stopped and the same thing happened. The latency you test was less than 17,000 with various things open, including mp3, videos, programs etc.
Can post example of how to use the G61 and the G64 command to identical test your test? Thank you.

I did nothing more than run the splash code on the Axis Sim as is.

JT

More
24 Feb 2016 16:09 - 11 Mar 2016 00:55 #70574 by aparecido
Tested here and now it is running without rounding, only the command "G64 P.001 Q.001 (set path tolerance)" already solved the problem.
Thanks a lot for help, hugs.
Last edit: 11 Mar 2016 00:55 by aparecido.

More
11 Mar 2016 00:55 #71368 by aparecido
I will take this topic not to open another, set up the stepconf and jog test correctly handled axis with the distance set + -15mm, but when trying to run gcode in linuxcnc engines remain standing despite the simulator to be moving. My driver is CNC3AX that is based on the L297, if I'm not mistaken the project is a French.
  In turbocnc and stepconf jog the motors move correctly, but in Linuxcnc both in jog and the execution of gcode, the engines are stopped.
  What should I do? From what already googled, just open the Linuxcnc, out of emergency mode and 'connect' to the homing and run gcode in my case using the example he carries when opening the program. :(

More
11 Mar 2016 13:05 #71393 by andypugh

In turbocnc and stepconf jog the motors move correctly, but in Linuxcnc both in jog and the execution of gcode, the engines are stopped

This is almost always because the drive enable inputs to the stepper drivers are being operated in the inverted sense.

Stepconf does not do anything to enable the drives. It is likely that LinuxCNC is trying to enable the drives but is, in fact, disabling them.

To test this, see if the motors are locked when LinuxCNC is in e-stop mode, and turn freely when LinuxCNC is enabled.

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds