Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: raspberry)

22 Dec 2023 11:20

Debian 12 - Bookworm Live installer ISO for linuxcnc (x86_64)

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

From the screen dump, you have nothing to upgrade so its not an issue.
That raspberry pi bug seems to have returned to Debian core code. Its not a Linuxcnc thing
SO the error is in relation to the  rasppi firmware it thinks is installed.

try sudo apt remove z50-raspi-firmware or
sudo apt remove raspi-firmware if it errors

Hi MR.Rodw
I same problem and try to your solution , but can't solve.
have any solution ?
Thank you

Asis.

asis@192:~/Downloads$ sudo apt remove z50-raspi-firmware
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package z50-raspi-firmware
asis@192:~/Downloads$ sudo apt remove raspi-firmware
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Package 'raspi-firmware' is not installed, so not removed
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  linux-headers-6.1.0-11-amd64 linux-headers-6.1.0-11-common linux-headers-6.1.0-11-common-rt linux-headers-6.1.0-11-rt-amd64
  linux-headers-6.1.0-13-amd64 linux-headers-6.1.0-13-common linux-image-6.1.0-11-rt-amd64
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
4 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up initramfs-tools (0.142) ...
update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
Setting up linux-image-6.1.0-13-rt-amd64 (6.1.55-1) ...
/etc/kernel/postinst.d/dkms:
dkms: running auto installation service for kernel 6.1.0-13-rt-amd64.
dkms: autoinstall for kernel: 6.1.0-13-rt-amd64.
/etc/kernel/postinst.d/initramfs-tools:
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-6.1.0-13-rt-amd64
live-boot: core filesystems dm-verity devices utils udev blockdev dns.
raspi-firmware: missing /boot/firmware, did you forget to mount it?
run-parts: /etc/initramfs/post-update.d//z50-raspi-firmware exited with return code 1
run-parts: /etc/kernel/postinst.d/initramfs-tools exited with return code 1
dpkg: error processing package linux-image-6.1.0-13-rt-amd64 (--configure):
 installed linux-image-6.1.0-13-rt-amd64 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Setting up linux-image-6.1.0-16-rt-amd64 (6.1.67-1) ...
/etc/kernel/postinst.d/dkms:
dkms: running auto installation service for kernel 6.1.0-16-rt-amd64.
dkms: autoinstall for kernel: 6.1.0-16-rt-amd64.
/etc/kernel/postinst.d/initramfs-tools:
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-6.1.0-16-rt-amd64
run-parts: /etc/initramfs/post-update.d//z50-raspi-firmware exited with return code 1
run-parts: /etc/kernel/postinst.d/initramfs-tools exited with return code 1
dpkg: error processing package linux-image-6.1.0-16-rt-amd64 (--configure):
 installed linux-image-6.1.0-16-rt-amd64 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of linux-image-rt-amd64:
 linux-image-rt-amd64 depends on linux-image-6.1.0-16-rt-amd64 (= 6.1.67-1); however:
  Package linux-image-6.1.0-16-rt-amd64 is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package linux-image-rt-amd64 (--configure):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.142) ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-6.1.0-16-rt-amd64
dpkg: error processing package initramfs-tools (--configure):
 installed initramfs-tools package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 linux-image-6.1.0-13-rt-amd64
 linux-image-6.1.0-16-rt-amd64
 linux-image-rt-amd64
 initramfs-tools
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
asis@192:~/Downloads$ 

22 Dec 2023 11:10

RPI4 Raspbian 64 bit & LinuxCNC

I have only tried this 64bit version on a sim so far.

Phil
here you wrote "you tried this ... on a sim". I am trying to get *any* pi3/4/5 running on a sim - yet in vain. Could you shed some lights on hoe you got there, please?
My test environment

With the RPi once an image is created that gets good latency it will work on any Pi of the same model.
EG A RPi4 image with known good latency user xxx creates will be the same for user yyy & aaa. The only factors that can make a difference is whether wifi\bt & sound are on or any personal changes to config.txt, but the Linuxcnc RPi4 image is usable out of the box. Unlike PC's there is no variance ( apart from which model) tho I don't know if firmware will makes any difference, but generally older firmware don't seem to boot the latest image. Good cooling is a must.
RP-400 (1.8GHz) have a faster Processor than a RPi4 (1.5GHz), although they are the same platform, just different form factor and the keyboard controller is built into the RP-400.
RPi5 is a different beast due to the RP1 I\O chip (read the Raspberry Pi's version of a southbridge).
22 Dec 2023 10:52

LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

If it's Rod's image can you change the resolution and does it identify the display\monitor? From what I've seen it's stuck at a single resolution and it can't identify the dsiaplay as the RPi4 images can.
22 Dec 2023 08:50

Hi Rod.

I used the iso a few pages back together with the raspberry pi image installer. I have never done any of this before so was surprised that it all just seemed to work without any issues.

From what I can see, resolution etc is working as it should, but please let me know if there is anything specifically that I can check for you.

My opinion is of limited value as I have not tried to drive a machine with the pi yet (card is stuck in customs) but over all it seems like a fantastic solution.

I understand that latency etc should not be a primary concern when using a mesa card HOWEVER I can tell you after trying four computers (with all the usual tricks) and getting poor usability and poor latency, this pi appearing to just simply work is 10/10.

Again, let me know if there is anything you would like me to check.
22 Dec 2023 07:18

RPI4 Raspbian 64 bit & LinuxCNC

I have not used a Pi with LinuxCNC for some time now. From memory the most success that I did have was when using a Pi4 with images made by elovalvo from this forum. I seem to recall seeing him mention an image here recently.

You can find the references here:

forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...xcnc?start=20#287208

forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...b-pi?start=20#288227
21 Dec 2023 14:43

LinuxCNC not connecting to 7i96S on 2.9.1

Category: PnCConf Wizard

im also confused about that. Is that a random error or could I have mixed up my linuxcnc OS with the raspberry pi version? I ran "sudo dpkg --purge raspi-firmware" and still doesnt launch.
21 Dec 2023 08:59
Replied by rodw on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

Which method did you use to install Linuxcnc?
Have you noticed any issues with screen resolution?
21 Dec 2023 06:33

Performance of the 5 seems amazing so far when stress tested and latency checked. Irrelevant as I have a mesa card but damn it seems like an easy solution for most people so far.
20 Dec 2023 22:48

LinuxCNC not connecting to 7i96S on 2.9.1

Category: PnCConf Wizard

tomorrow ill try reinstalling linux with version 2.8.2, and testing it out on a raspberry pi 4. I understand my latency is worse than what you showed but only by 3-4x. I hope that linuxcnc would have some tolerance without freaking out over a small difference? at least to connect and start the program.
20 Dec 2023 08:14

Debian Bookworm 2.9.1 for Raspberry Pi downloads page needs login info

To be fair on the sticky for the image rod did mention the username & password on the 2nd reply on the second page.
20 Dec 2023 07:46

Yes it should be on the downloads page. I did ask.
user cnc
pw cnc
to configure wifi time zone etc type sudo menu-config
20 Dec 2023 05:30

If you look at the original thread the login info is there, but yeah it would be a good idea.

Due to the build system the config.txt and other files are a subfolder of /boot, which are quite easy to find if you look in the /boot folder.

Maybe there should be mention that the directory structure is a little different to s standard Raspberry Pi OS, but I'm pretty sure it's also mentioned there, it's been a while since Rod and myself started developing this image, Rod deserves the real credit as he was bouncing ideas off my head and such. Also he's not as flakey as I am hahaha
20 Dec 2023 04:07

I have spent all day trying to get my Raspberry Pi 4 to allow me to log in with the Raspberry Pi Debian Bookworm 2.9.1 image because the documentation does not include any username and password, and it seems (after hours of trying) incompatible with the Raspberry Pi `/boot` drive `userconf.txt`.

Can someone please update the downloads page to include that information since it's hardcoded as username and password of `cnc`? Huge miss!
19 Dec 2023 20:33 - 19 Dec 2023 22:35

PathPilot 2.9.6 on non-Tormach machine

Category: PathPilot

Hi,
Firstly, I chose Pathpilot purely because I wanted the Pathpilot interface. I’m not saying it is better than others, but it suits my workflow and the way I do things. 

I am also (as a secondary project setting up LinuxCNC on a Raspberry Pi which will use the probe basic UIF.

As to setting up PathPilot, it needs a motion controller attached to start. When you select the Tormach machine, PathPilot try’s to communicate with the expected Mesacard, then downloads the firmware if it isn’t what PathPilot expects.

So, most people choose a Tormach machine that matches the Mesacard they have and a machine that is “similar” to what they want to achieve. You then, have to edit the .hal and .ini files for that machine to suit your non-Tormach machine. Every time you do a PathPilot update, these two files will be overwritten.

The best way around it is to have a backup copy of these to files in the same directory as they won’t be overwritten. I also changed the startup script so that it points to my .hal and .ini files.

The model 1100-3 is a common choice that many use. I chose the 440 as it uses a Leadshine MX4660 controller that has an identical db25 interface to the Gecko G540 that I use.

Read through the thread I wrote on getting my machine to work on Pathpilot. It should explain how I did it.
forum.linuxcnc.org/pathpilot/45846-pathpilot-7i92-g540-hal-file

I hope it helps. 

cheers
Peter
Displaying 736 - 750 out of 1060 results.
Time to create page: 1.538 seconds