Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: raspberry pi 3)

06 Jul 2024 00:58

Comparison between Raspian 12 Bookworm on Raspberry Pi 4 and Raspberry Pi 5

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

The Linuxcnx version uses the raspbian kernel sources, so it is possible to enable the SPI interface on the RP4. The config.txt file is not in the same location as on a raspbian install, it's still under a sub directory of boot.
The raspbian kernel is patched to allow loading of overlays, the mainline is not.
Modify your config.txt file, reboot and look under the /dev folder for spidev.xx files and they will be there.
I've used rod images and made my own images using the same tools,for testing a diy mesa 7c81 and know that it does work.

We made sure that SPI did work, at least on the RPi4, the RPi5 is a different kettle of fish.
05 Jul 2024 23:48

Comparison between Raspian 12 Bookworm on Raspberry Pi 4 and Raspberry Pi 5

I have the official version of Debian 12 installed on my PI4, and I use it with my Mesa 7c81, the only problem is that for some reason the SPI port is disabled from the kernel and therefore it is not possible to write a new firmware to that card . Is there a Debian 12 kernel used on the PI4 that has the SPI port enabled by default? . As the official version of the LCN page does not depend on RASPBIAN, it is not possible to enable it with raspi-config or by modifying the config file.
05 Jul 2024 21:36
Replied by swepeter on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

First of all thanks for the great work. 

is it just me or is the link on the website wrong?
www.linuxcnc.org/iso/rpi-5-debian-bookwo...23-11-17-1520.img.xz
it say: LinuxCNC 2.9.2
but when I start it it say 2.9.1 

I thought I had an older one so I reinstalled today and still the same. 
Can I upgrade linuxCNC and GMOCCAPY?
i had some issues with GMOCCAPY now compared to when I was running the PI4 that I installed years ago.
One issue I had was when I pressed the aport button during a probing script, it did not stop but the GUI changed. 
I will try to reproduce. 
I copied my old config. Can that be the issue? I thought you could 
github.com/swepeter/PrintNC
Thanks all
05 Jul 2024 18:09

Preparing native Raspberry Pi OS for LinuxCNC

Linuxcncrio is another great project. The dev is a great guy.
I designed a couple of boards that connect to FPGA board available on AliExpress, so far I’ve been using Mesa firmware so it operates as a 7c81, but with some help from meister ( forum member & dev of linuxcnc-rio) I can also run his firmware as well.
05 Jul 2024 14:23

Preparing native Raspberry Pi OS for LinuxCNC

Thanks very much.
You tell me severalnew things, esp re: spi.

My trusty pentium4 died recently,
after years of being on lifesupport.

luckily, I have an Rpi4 to try SPI remora MKS masahup.
(and a i686 that I can dictate this to)

(note for oother vision impairted, try nerd-dictation)

again, thanks!
05 Jul 2024 06:10

Can I use Raspberry Pi 5 for Linuxcnc + ESP32 + W5500 for generating step pulses

Category: Computers and Hardware

Hi Linuxcnc community, 
I have installed OS in raspberry 5 and Instead of using IO expander I want to use individual ESP32+W5500 for every motor and generate step pulses. If this is possible please help me with the steps in achiving it.
Refer the image below and get what I want to achieve
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JCuLksqd7dcpAcJ44GajRwzOFmay_xuQ/view?usp=sharing

Rather than using many ESP32s, I would try a W5500-EVB-Pico
shop.wiznet.eu/en/w5500-evb-pico.html
and Remora software for RP2040
remora-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/har...hernet/ethernet.html
github.com/scottalford75/Remora-RP2040-W5500
04 Jul 2024 18:53

Can I use Raspberry Pi 5 for Linuxcnc + ESP32 + W5500 for generating step pulses

Sorry but i do not use RPI's at all,and that will not change untill their price drops back to under 50$.

They'll never be under $50 again. The world has changed, $50 is no longer $50.
04 Jul 2024 11:15
04 Jul 2024 11:12

Sorry but i do not use RPI's at all,and that will not change untill their price drops back to under 50$.

Sorry, why not ? i like the RPI's, especially via SPI

It is 150 Euro here, be it 4 or 5, i can get a full used PC for that money.
04 Jul 2024 10:05

Hi @tommylight, thankyou for your insight.
Now i want to expand my inputs and outputs in raspberry pi 5, can you suggest me how to expand my i/o and if there is any solution can you also tell me how to configure HAl

Refer to this post forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/53136-can...g-step-pulses#304365
04 Jul 2024 09:59

Sorry, why not ? i like the RPI's, especially via SPI
04 Jul 2024 09:57

I/O expander for RPI5 to run linuxcnc

Now i want to expand my inputs and outputs in raspberry pi 5, can you suggest me how to expand my i/o and if there is any solution can you also tell me how to configure HAl. I do not want to use MESA board as it is expensive, can someone suggest something cheaper?
04 Jul 2024 09:48

No don't use a hub.

Linuxcnc-rio is awesome, with a single WT32-ETH0 and a direct cable connection and inexpensive FPGA you can do 4 axis easily and way more.

i think he will use ethernet for wiring like with ethercat.

04 Jul 2024 09:42

Displaying 166 - 180 out of 1059 results.
Time to create page: 0.611 seconds