Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • tuxcnc
  • tuxcnc
Today 14:36
Replied by tuxcnc on topic Is there any idiots guide to GUIs?

Is there any idiots guide to GUIs?

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

Sounds like numbpy is the wrong version.

More specifically, it looks like someone did some good work in the 2.9 branch (Qtdragon works with the new numpy 2.2.4), but didn't port it to the 2.10 branch...
  • cmorley
  • cmorley
Today 12:52
Replied by cmorley on topic Is there any idiots guide to GUIs?

Is there any idiots guide to GUIs?

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

As you said qtdragon being python doesn't compile anything.
It preprocess somethings into to bytecode.
Sounds like numbpy is the wrong version.
But now we can investigate, thank you.

So you didn't home the machine while trying to decide if the screen is 'useful' ?
and there was extra information in the list that you didn't like?
Oh and the colors -colors were bad.
And that was worth going on the forum and ranting about how bad the software is?
Sounds like you didn't give it much of a chance.

Shake my head.

I'll try to replicate the numbpy problem.
  • jschulze
  • jschulze
Today 12:41
Replied by jschulze on topic Stepping down as Administrator/Moderator

Stepping down as Administrator/Moderator

Category: Forum Questions

Thanks for all your work over the years!  I'd never have been able to finish up my latest build without your help and contributions.  
  • tuxcnc
  • tuxcnc
Today 12:33
Replied by tuxcnc on topic Is there any idiots guide to GUIs?

Is there any idiots guide to GUIs?

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

Compiling problems aren't usually QtDragons fault - you didn't  mention what system you are compiling in so no one could help or evaluate the problem.

I'm sorry Qtdragon didn't suit you out of the box, but there is quite alot you could change.
For instance based on your pic, you could turn on the machine and home it, then the colors change from disabled to enabled and look like this:

 

 

First, about compilation issues.
My system is Debian 13.7 and the LinuxCNC sources are from the Git repository, main branch, i.e. version 2.10.
There is some misunderstanding here, because when LinuxCNC is compiled, the Python scripts are not compiled, but only copied to the right place. This means that if the scripts author screws up, it's his fault, because compilation itself doesn't change anything.
So we have the following flower:
 
This is what happens after compiling LinuxCNC yourself.
However, there are two live images that I ran.
1. linuxcnc_2.9.10-amd64.hybrid.iso
2. linuxcnc_2.10.pre1-amd64.hybrid.iso
Qtdragon starts in both, but neither suits my system.
In linuxcnc_2.9.10-amd64.hybrid.iso there is numpy 2.2.4 but LinuxCNC is 2.9.
In linuxcnc_2.10.pre1-amd64.hybrid.iso there is LinuxCNC 2.10, but Debian 12 with numpy 1.24.2.
Someone's sources have obviously gone wrong...

As for these "gray on grey" numbers, I wrote that I ran Qtdragon for the first time in my life and just took a look. I opened the tab called "offsets", so I thought there were offsets there and it didn't occur to me that it would only work after homing, because offsets have nothing to do with homing the machine.
Well, now I noticed that someone stuffed a machine position into the offsets, for unknown reason, because they can be seen much more conveniently in the window below. I started to wonder what else the authors of Qtdragon would surprise me with, but I think I'm less and less curious about it.
 
  • Holzwurm56
  • Holzwurm56
Today 11:40
Replied by Holzwurm56 on topic Pncconf and external controls?

Pncconf and external controls?

Category: PnCConf Wizard

Thanks.
  • Holzwurm56
  • Holzwurm56
Today 11:39
Replied by Holzwurm56 on topic Looking for a super small Linux-Version?

Looking for a super small Linux-Version?

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

Hello,
I’ve installed the DebianNetInstall.iso without a desktop environment, and then installed the real-time kernel, LCNC, Openbox, and a very simple file manager via the terminal. It seems to be working—very low jitter.
Hans
  • trackwhack
  • trackwhack
Today 11:03
Replied by trackwhack on topic Perpetual License CAM

Perpetual License CAM

Category: Show Your Stuff

"Vielen Dank für die lieben Worte! Ich hoffe, es wird dir nützlicher sein als FreeCAD."

KR,
George
  • Plasmanfm
  • Plasmanfm
Today 10:43
Replied by Plasmanfm on topic Perpetual License CAM

Perpetual License CAM

Category: Show Your Stuff

Ok Georg und vielen Dank
Ich bin zwa nur auf der Hobby-Schiene in Holz aber es ist die Profiliga etwas ganz anderes wie das Cam von Freecad.


King regarde
Juergen
  • Japoo_Ness
  • Japoo_Ness
Today 10:14

Retrofitting a 3-axis VMC with DC servos - guidance needed

Category: Driver Boards

From what I've measured, the issue seems to be on the encoder side.

I initially thought that analog ground and power/system ground were connected. The original cables are currently in use. According to the diagrams, the analog signal for the axis is connected to the machine's frame/ground.

Is it better to isolate the analog ground from the system ground? Under what conditions is it strictly necessary to tie both grounds together?
  • Avion
  • Avion
Today 10:03

Looking urgently for a german / european Linux CNC consulting help.

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

Dear Everyone, 

we did some time ago a linux CNC retrofit with mesa board. We got mostly everything to work, probing and multi height sensor does not and I have to say i would love to get into it and spend the time to get QT dragon to work properly, but the time is becoming crucial and the machine should be running. 
Hence I would like to ask, if there is someone who would be able to either come hands-hand for a 1-2 days and or work remotely with us. Paid of course. 

It is a 1200x1000mm 3axis cnc german spindle, chineese base, completely new electronics from us with Mesa ethernet board. 
I have an xyz probe and tool length measure. 

I would prefer a european source just for the time difference but since it is rather urgent and we seem to be quite stuck in the process, i would take any help we can get. 

Any tip is more then welcome. 
(i will search the forum for the Tods and Davids of course, i saw many many cnc advice online and will try to reach out as well. ) 
  • yaska
  • yaska
Today 08:40

Kitamura Zero with Yaskawa Varispeed 626 MV3 C Spindle Drive Parameters

Category: Milling Machines

I have a 1994 Kitamura Mycenter Zero with a Yasnac mx3 controller.
It has a Yaskawa Varispeed 626 mv3 C spindle drive,which stopped working—it’s completely dead. The repair technician said it would cost 2,000–3,000 € to repair. I found a used drive online for significantly less than the repair costs, but now here’s the problem: I bought the milling machine used and only received one manual and no parameters. (I’ve backed up the Yasnac controller’s parameters.) And since the old Yaskawa Varispeed is dead, I can’t get the parameters from it. Now I’m wondering if there’s anyone in the whole world who has a backup of the Yaskawa Varispeed 626 mv3 C parameters for the Kitamura Mycenter Zero, or knows where I can get one. Of course, I’ll pay for it.
  • rodw
  • rodw's Avatar
Today 08:26
Replied by rodw on topic 7I96 and MPGs?

7I96 and MPGs?

Category: Driver Boards

You should be able to follow the MPG example in the  docs. It is for a parallel port but its really all the same with a Mesa card. I had no troubles with a 7i76e. You probably don't need the axis select......
  • trackwhack
  • trackwhack
Today 07:54
Replied by trackwhack on topic Perpetual License CAM

Perpetual License CAM

Category: Show Your Stuff

Hallo Juergen,

danke fürs Nachprüfen – damit ist es klar: Der Fehler liegt bei uns, nicht an deinem Firefox.

Was passiert: Die Linux-Version von Takshak bringt eigene Kopien einiger Systembibliotheken mit. Beim Öffnen des Handbuchs hat Takshak dem Browser seinen eigenen Bibliothekspfad mitgegeben. Auf neueren Systemen (z. B. Debian 13) kann Firefox mit diesen älteren Bibliotheken nicht starten – deshalb öffnet sich nichts. Aus dem Terminal gestartet bekommt Firefox eine saubere Umgebung, darum funktioniert es dort.

Wir konnten das genau nachstellen und haben es behoben: Ab Takshak CAM 1.0.7 startet Takshak den Browser – und alles andere, was es außerhalb des Programms öffnet, etwa Ordner und Links – mit deiner normalen Systemumgebung. Getestet auf Debian 12 und 13: Das Handbuch öffnet sich, und die Hilfe einer Operation springt direkt zu ihrer Seite.

Bis 1.0.7 erscheint, findest du das Handbuch auf Deutsch online:
takshakcam.com/manual/de

Die beiden Meldungen in deinem Screenshot („Install Failed: Unable to enable systemd service“ und „Not running on one of the supported Live systems“) kommen übrigens von appimaged, einem separaten Hilfsprogramm für AppImages – nicht von Takshak. Für Takshak spielen sie keine Rolle.

Danke für deine Geduld und die Rückmeldung!

Viele Grüße
Georg
  • Holzwurm56
  • Holzwurm56
Today 05:50
Replied by Holzwurm56 on topic 7I96 and MPGs?

7I96 and MPGs?

Category: Driver Boards

The firmware is installed. The mpg counts, but there is no connection to axis.
  • cmorley
  • cmorley
Yesterday 01:58

Connect external potmeters to rapid- and feedrate override sliders in QTDragon

Category: Qtvcp

Unfortuately HALUI doesn't integrate well with guis.
Overrides changes in HALUI will show in QtDragon but not HALUI jog speed.
There has been some work on this recently but it hasn't made it in linuxcnc yet.

It's possible to add custom code/pins to qtdragon to help with integration.
Can you be specifics about what you need?
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 289295 results.
Time to create page: 2.955 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum